Mirrored decals

Hey all, for my Salamanders army I'm using the standard GW decals. The sad thing is, they all face the same direction. For my terminator squad and vehicles I need my decals to face the opposite direction. How do people cope with this? Is a decal sticky enough to just apply with the 'sticky side' up? (applying varnish to protect it afterwards of course)

probably not TBH. I would actually go with the etched brass for teh fancier stuff - it looks mint and really stands out for veterans and vehicles, especially termies with relatively big flat surfaces to wrap the brass around...

I never liked working with decals, so I painted all the chapter symbols on my marines. So the last time I tried using decals was about ten years ago. But as I recall the decal sheets come with UM, DA and a variety of tactical and campaign markings so I'd just use one you won't be using anyways and try it on a piece of sprue or a spare shoulder pad.

As I said it's been a long time, but I don't remember one side being more sticky than the other. What kept them in place/protected them from rubbing off or tearing was always the varnish for me. I'd just try it out and see what you end up with.

The decals are in fact reversible. Just use a brush to drag them off of the backing paper and flip them over on the model. Be sure to use micro-sol and micro-set when applying the decals. These two products will make the decals softer and more flexible and will also make them stay on the model better. When everything is done and dry, varnish the area to completely seal them in!

The decals are in fact reversible. Just use a brush to drag them off of the backing paper and flip them over on the model. Be sure to use micro-sol and micro-set when applying the decals. These two products will make the decals softer and more flexible and will also make them stay on the model better. When everything is done and dry, varnish the area to completely seal them in!

Just what I wanted to hear, thanks all for the feedback!

Archived