Heralds of Light: Invasion of Capricorn Maximus

DarkKnightCuron

+++CAPTAIN'S LOG+++

Captain Bral Reiko, Heralds of Light, Fifth Company.

By His Light and Guidance, the Strike Cruiser bearing the men under my command have reached the planet's orbit ahead of the enemy vanguard force, though according to the Chapter Librarians, only by perhaps a scant week. Organizing the defense of this world will not be easy under such time constraints, but my efforts as the Chapter's Master of the Marches has born fruit as any instructions I have given to the Guard commanders on Capricorn Maximus have been met with complete obedience. I have confidence in the discipline and proficiency of Capricorn Maximus' Guard units, but even then, the exact numbers of our enemy are largely unknown. Even now, I prepare myself for the worst that the Eye might have to offer.

For Dorn and the Emperor.

Capricorn Maximus lies within the Capricorn System, a scant distance from the Eye of Terror and the Cadian Gate. Of the other planets within the system, Capricorn Maximus is considered the largest and most heavily fortified, used as a munitions storage, supply depot, and supply chain hub that constantly supplements Cadia and other nearby systems with precious supplies. Unfortunately, the planet has been targeted by an enemy formation of The Hated Enemy, Chaos, specifically, followers of Tzeentch. With little time to spare, the 5th Company of the Heralds of Light--long-standing defenders of Humanity in this region of space--mobilize and arrive in-system to aid the Emperor's Servants. Leading them is Captain Bral Reiko, Heralds of Light's Master of the Marches, in charge of bearing a shield that would protect those weaker than themselves.

Engagements:

1: Initial Descent - The Heralds of Light and followers of Tzeentch begin their battle upon the concrete roads of Capricorn Maximus. A forward element of the Chaos Marines is sent to secure a pair of vital landing sites within the heart of the city, which would strengthen their tactical positioning. In order to prevent this, Captain Bral personally leads his entire company to prevent the enemy from gaining any significant foothold for as long as possible.

2: City Fight - Shortly after their first battle, 5th Company is forced to rapidly redeploy within the city towards another possible landing zone for enemy forces, even as the sky above them is alight with anti-aircraft fire. However, this time, the followers of Chaos refocus their efforts in an attempt to completely annihilate the 5th Company.

3: The Hated Enemy - The true leader of this invasion forces reveals himself as a Daemon Prince--A Powerful Space Marine who has given himself fully to the Ruinous Powers. His appearance heralds the coming of many lesser daemons, summoned by servants to their dark gods. The Chaplain of Fifth Company, already in position to respond, takes elements from Fifth Company in order to quell this threat.

Archived