My brother's BA army(need advice)

Red_Lep

My brother's interest in 40K comes and goes so I offered to start assembling/painting his squads for him, but theres a problem. The only consistant unit he takes are Assault Marines, but I've never used them so I don't know how best to assemble them.

My question is: What weapons do you recommend for Assault Squads, when the owner has a very aggressive playstyle which is focused on combat instead of ranged shooting?

(NOTE: He's had 2 games with the new codex so he doesn't know what to take either.)

Assault squads should be 10 men with a pair of meltaguns and a sergeant with a power fist or thunder hammer (in my experience).

5 men is also an option (mainly for use in cheap razorbacks) then with a power weapon and either a meltagun or a flamer

Thanks, any other advice while we're at it? He has Dante who was a commission job(read: Looks awesome) and I am going to paint a Sanguinor for him, other than that I'm not sure what to do. He's loved Death Company since the previous codex so probably them. Sorry this isn't much to go on, basically I know he likes the idea of taking Jump Troops en masse.

Thanks for the replies!

Archived