Squad Markings Blood Angels

TrentL

I can see on page 71 of the Codex where it has the squad markings (White skull black background, white skull blue background etc) for squads 1-10 of a company.

I've started mainly on focusing on 2nd Company because I have so many Decal sheets.

We know 2nd company has:

6 Tactical

2 Assault

2 Devastator

3 Dreadnoughts

Does that mean:

Squad 1 - Tactical (Skull black background)

Squad 2 - Tactical (Skull blue background)

Squad 3 - Tactical (Red Blood drop yellow background)

Squad 4 - Tactical (Red Blood drop black background)

Squad 5 - Tactical (white X black background)

Squad 6 - Tactical (White X blue background)

Squad 7 - Assault (Yellow lightning bolt black background)

Squad 8 - Assault (Black lightning bolt yellow background)

Squad 9 - Devastator (Yellow Wing black background)

Squad 10 - Devastator (Black wing yellow background)

Also for Honor guard is all of their left shoulders Terminator Honors pads? I want to make a squad of 10 Vanguard and 10 sternguard and 1 honor guard, but how do I know which Squad marking to use for the Vanguard and Sternguard? While I know its "My army" I want to remain loyal to the fluff as much as possible.

not to forget that your van and sternguard will also need a kneepad squad icon... So will duplicate that of a couple of the squads in your battle company. While perhaps the honour guard might have a company icon instead of the normal squads 1-10 style? Maybe a simplified version of the banner?

Yeah I doubt I'm going to have enough to make 100 1st Company so I'll probably try the skulls or something.

My Honor guard I can try and pick legs that have things on the knee's (Death Company Legs)

So nobody knows which squads are Tactical or Assault or Devastator?

every company has the same set of markings so for your vets just give them the skull shoulder pads and then whatever squad marking you want for their knee pads. I have kind of run into the same thing with my army as well. I am making the 3rd company but still want to give my vets squads markings as well

Yeah I doubt I'm going to have enough to make 100 1st Company so I'll probably try the skulls or something.

My Honor guard I can try and pick legs that have things on the knee's (Death Company Legs)

So nobody knows which squads are Tactical or Assault or Devastator?

I think that you got the distribution of squads and their markings correct in your initial post. 1-6 are tacticals, 7-8 assault, 9-10 devastators. :P

Archived