Chalice or narthecium

I think that the written description of the Blood Chalice in the 'Dex states that the Nartecium contains a small shard of one of the 10,000-year-old chalices that contained Sanguinius's blood. So a narthecium on it's own should be fine. If you really want a chalice, there is one in Space Hulk as well as Corb's, but otherwise I am stuck for ideas.

Really they should not have Narthecium's but Blood Chalice's as this is what the codex says they have. The Space Hulk Chalice is too big IMO for a power armoured marine and only really works with a Sang Priest in Termi armour. For my HG Sang Noviate I use one of the smaller propultion chamber's from the Sang Guard's single cylinder jump packs for the top, and the bottom of a chainsword for the bottom. Turned out alright.

Unless you're running a successor chapter then you can't really use the chalice right?! For instance, my chapter's Sanguinary Priests all wear robes. I just say that they're woven with small pieces of Sanquinius' robe (kind of like the shroud that the SoB had/have). I say, use what you like. If you want your "Chalice" to be a Narthecium, the so be it. :D

I use nartheciums because they're cool and I still go by the fluff that there is only one holy grail and it belongs to Corbulo! I'll not have my priests running about hefting cups into the air like they're Lil Wayne in power armour.

I always thought the literal chalices looked silly. How does one retrieve the geneseed of a fallen brother with a cup? I've modeled mine with nartheciums so far and plan to continue doing so.

Either are definitely an option if you ask me as both show status as an apothecary/priest. One just looks a tad goofy and impractical.

It's definitely not necessary, and the Death Company box comes with lots of shoulder pads that have the chalice in them.

If you want to have a chalice though check out Maxmini.eu ...I cannot give them the most glowing recommendation, quality control wise, but they did take care of me. Here is my priest with chalice:

gallery_37458_4992_87645.jpg

Archived