Rhino question

Furioso72001

Mattsama Posted Today, 08:50 AM

QUOTE (vharing @ Aug 15 2010, 03:31 PM) *

kind of a waste of points to leave devs in a transport if you ask me

Not if you combat squad them, 2 in heavies in each squad, have one bunker down and one in the armor for a little extra potection.

I would rather put the sarge with PF and plasma or stormbolter and 4 guys with bolters in Razorback and leave the rest of the squad somewhere on the board so they can make use of their heavy weapons

Doesn't the squad as a whole have to fit in the transport on order to take one so you would still have to take the rhino even if you combat them wouldn't you. or am I totally off on this one. But i use the rhino for my Devs too but I like to use it as a mobile wall to block out the side I don't want to be shot from until i'm ready for them.

Doesn't the squad as a whole have to fit in the transport on order to take one so you would still have to take the rhino even if you combat them wouldn't you. or am I totally off on this one. But i use the rhino for my Devs too but I like to use it as a mobile wall to block out the side I don't want to be shot from until i'm ready for them.

Nothing in our codex requires the squad to fit in the transport to take it. A ten man squad can take a razorback, they just can't embark if they don't combat squad until some die.

I thought by the MAIN rule book that you HAD to start embarked in Dedicated Transport, and you made the decision to combat squad at disembarcation.

Nope, it's just that ONLY that unit can start embarked in it. So no buying a razorback for your devs and deploying mephy inside it for example lol.

Now in theory you could buy a ten man RAS and combat them then another 10 man assault with a razor for both then embark the other combat in first movement and haul 18" or am I off on that. It's not what i would do anyways but it begs the question and now i'm really curious and i might just go look in the main book Yea thats not going to happen but if anyone know's please enlighten me. I mean lets face it rhino's or only good for a mobile wall and other than that land raiders are the only way to go. Bring to rain.

Archived