Jumpy Captain

Right so I am thinking about trying out a Captain in a list of which i was thinkin along the lines of:

Jump Pack

Twin Lightining Claws.

He would be running with a 10 man squad with a PW Priest, Rage Libby, 2 Meltas and a Hammer in the squad. That would give him 5 attacks on the charge all re-rolling to hit and wound at WS 6 and I 6

155 Points of Dooooooom!

Its potent, but the main issue is that a reclusiarch for the same cost provides yet another squad with rerolls on the charge. Its hard to have a situation where the reroll on the Captains wounds is better than an enitre squad getting rerolls (either from having a second librarian or a reclusiarch)

If I were to use a captain again, he would probably go with a Sanguinary Guard or an honor guard to get the +1 attack for the banner.

As I've stated in the past, it's uses like this that justify using a captain in a BA army. While JamesI's point about using a reclusiarch in another squad would probably be better for your overall army, adding a captain to make a death-squad better seems like a good option. I say go with it.

I use a Captain, too. A company needs its captain, nuff said. Loadout is Powerweapon, Jump-pack and Infernus-pistol.

For my Vanguard Sergeant, I used the Wolf-Claws from Wolf Pack boxed-set and chopped them into pieces, and also cut off those Wolf-symbols to replace them with Blood Drops out of GS.

Snorri

Captains may be fun and fluffy but as others have said they are utterly pointless. If you want to take one with lightning claws go ahead it cool and if you like it that's all that counts. However if your wondering about a good way to spend your points this would have to be the worst way to spend it intue ha department. Take the chaplain and then you can give the librarian a different power. Or hell, just take two librarians.

Captains may be fun and fluffy but as others have said they are utterly pointless. If you want to take one with lightning claws go ahead it cool and if you like it that's all that counts. However if your wondering about a good way to spend your points this would have to be the worst way to spend it intue ha department. Take the chaplain and then you can give the librarian a different power. Or hell, just take two librarians.

You have to be so careful with Librarians... I didn't go and "pick" fights in my last tourny... but they always found my libby and charged him, had higher init (His is only 4 after all) and he has no INvun....

Its just brutal. I'm starting to think the Reclusiarch is the way to go :)

Instead of unleash rage could you not take Might of Heroes to give your captain with lightning claws another D3 attacks that all re-roll to hit and to wound? Granted the re-rolls to hit are only in the first round of combat but still. Or you could take both Might of Heroes and Unleash Rage and use MoH on turn one of assault, and unleash rage all subsequesnt turns?

Archived