Just got back from a local tourny (My first)

TrentL

We had a strange point (1107) total.

My list was a Libby with Shield / Rage, 2 RAS (Fist, Melta, Flamer), 2xVindy's and 2 Sanguinary Priests.

I found that when you use the proper 25% cover on a table... the Vindicators just were not making back their points, and while they never got destroyed they just couldn't seem to do much of anything at all.

The other thing I really fell for was the Librarian... 3 out of 4 games one of my opponents was Chaos and they all had a Demon prince... who liked to perform seens from the TV show Oz on my Librarian... what an Invunerable save ... he was pretty much useless I was very depressed. The only 1 time he succeeded in being handy was when I charged an Ork Nob squad and instant killed the WarBoss. The rest of the time he was very lack luster.

Also only being able to use 1 Power at turn I thought was great at first (Rage in my turn, Shield in her turn (Or rage if in Close Combat) but more often than not I really wanted to use my force weapon, because with No Invun save every IC that hit my Libby back pretty much killed him even with FnP and a 3+

I think from now on I'll either go a 2 claw captain or a reclusiarch (Leaning towards the Reclusiarch) as most local tournaments here don't allow special characters I don't get to use Meph or Dante etc.

Are many people happy with the Libby? how do you keep a 2 wound 3+ No Invun alive?

librarians in competition aren't meant to go kill big named dudes unless your going to force paper cut a nidly monstrous creature. Their real purpose is psychic hood. You can stop eldrads powers, lash princes, and stop that stupid nid power that gives everything fnp. A mobile 5+ for vehicles is second. For the purposes you were trying to fill...you should use mephiston, a furioso, terminator aquad, or full 10 man assault posibly with a chaplain/sang priest/whatever IC.

Reclusiarch/captains aren't really worth the points and I don't like vindies either. Riflemen dreadnaughts or las spon preds seem to work out better for me. OUr 12 inch move can outmaneuver a pred to side armor and pop a vindy or whatever just as easy as a vindy but the vindy needs to be to close for comfort. Also if you take 1 weapon detroyed result your vindy is a paperweight whereas the pred can zip around still shooting 2 other guns with 1 still a las cannon.

every game you play whether friendly or competitive is a learning experience. I like to play people who kick my teeth in so I keep getting better faster than when playing the younger guys that aren't tourney level.

Well sadly I didn't have much choice I didn't bring any units that could hold thier own against things like Demon Princes. And sadly the Demon princes always saw my libby and said "Mmmm snacky time" and I had a hard time keeping the Demon prince from snuggling up into base to base contact for some Khorne lov'n.

Yeah I don't have any predators yet, I'm building one (Well my Baal predators are magnetized so I need to buy some Laz bitz so I can make the pred maybe I'll try that out)

Archived