Game versus new players.

Fata1ly

This may be in the wrong part of the forum but here goes....

I'm playing two fairly new people on thursday at my local club. Both of them have chaos and we will be playing a 2100 point game so that they can use all of there models. However the problem that i am facing is that one of them has 5 oblitorators and a termi lord and retinue and the others persons army seams to be quite cheesey aswell. But there is the problem. Do i go and bring an army of DC with power weapons and fill up my fast attack with Baals and build a purpose built CSM killy army or do i go the other way and build an army that will be fun to plat but that would not stand up to a good player with their army list. There is the third option of going in between aswell. I would like your guys thoughts on this. Several people at my club have said just bring what your normally do but my Normal 1500 point army has only lost once and i'm not sure that is the best to face new players with. I also have a fledging imperial guard army that i am steadly painting up as a Baal Regiment. However i could at a push get 1000 points out with that so maybe i could do an alliance between my IG and BA as i am playing two players

So any suggestions as to what i should bring/do in the game?

bring something fun - use it as an opportunity to bring units you might normally not field and make it educational for yourself as well, I say at least.

Bring a fun list and give them a taste of victory. It will leave them hungry for more. Then the next time you play pull out that CSM-counter list and give them a tabling!!! :cuss

I try to show off a few different things, like jump infantry, bikes, transports.

I'd leave DC home, as dealling with Rage and FC and FNP might be a bit much for a new player to take in all at once. Save the DC for when they have a little more experience.

I like JamesI idea of bringing different things but with simpler rules. Don't hand them a victory take 2 squads that will really make them work like HIing VV next to the obliterators and using PW. but at the same time a full squad of CC scouts ore on the field too. playing against new people can help you see what your army is capable of in dirre straights. every now and then you need to have your backk against the rropes to remember how it feels.

Archived