Help!

Lestat

Hi folks,

Made a recent purchase on ebay and it arrived today - but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting.......

The item description said "Large-scale Bolt pistol" which is actually pretty accurate. I was expecting something along =I= scale proportions which I could use for an Artemis conversion.

However, when I opened the package today, it turns out that the boltpistol is quite a lot larger than an =I= Bolter.

Heres a couple of pics - including a scale shot alongside a normal 40k Bolter and an =I= scale shotgun.

gallery_36289_5211_4127528.jpg

gallery_36289_5211_3625495.jpg

Does anyone know where the boltpistol is from, or what scale it is? Any help is very much appreciated.

Lestat

I believe that the large bolt pistol was sort of like a promotional thing that was under limited release a number of years ago. If I remember correctly they released a series of larger scale weapons as collectors items.

I believe that the large bolt pistol was sort of like a promotional thing that was under limited release a number of years ago. If I remember correctly they released a series of larger scale weapons as collectors items.

Hmmm......interesting. I was beginning to think that is was one of those limited release staff only items that pop up every now and then.

I might clean up the mold lines and paint it up and modify it slightly. It would make a cool looking keyring. If I drill into the butt of the pistol and glue in an eye (the kind you use for hanging pictures) I should be able to attach a split-ring for the keys.

Yup, that is what I would want to do with it. I have one of those limited release things... the Aquilla belt buckle made for a very limited run by Bulldog Buckles.

I got one of those too - as well as a Chaos one, several pin badges and a 40k scale Bolter keyring/zip pull thing. Got the Chaos belt buckle on a trip up to Nottingham to go visit GW's HQ.

Its a tad soft to use as a key ring though, I'd reserve it for use somewhere else.

Cheers

Hemal

It doesn't appear to be any softer than GW's normal metal. It should be OK to turn into a keyring - as long as I give a coat of varnish after painting.

Know what's funny? That actually USED to be a keyring that was available as part of the now-defunct Skullz promotion. You either have a damaged one with the connector filed off, or a recast.

You can see its original state here:

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.c...ol_keychain.jpg

Thanks for the link.

To be honest, I might now keep it as a curioso and paint it up because I have managed to get my hands on a complete one for next to nothing! This will of course be painted up and used as a keychain as intended.

So it was you that got the one I found on E-Bay? I didn't have the cash to splash on it but congrats on the bargain if it was you :P

James

Yep - it was me :) Got it for the bargain price of £2 including postage! That was cheaper then the one I originaly bought (the one in the pics above)

These were given away in the goodie bag to all the attendees at UK Games Day 96 or 97, which was one of the three Games Days I went to in my youth, my earlier phase of wargaming. I have a couple of these lying around in my bits box. They're not particularly useful for modelling, but they would make a nice keyring.

Archived