Death company bits

The plastic death company are full of great bits that are nice to mix into your tactical or assault squads. This is even done in the codex. However, what should be done about the pieces with the DC cross sculpted onto them? Should they be avoided, or does it not matter as long as they aren't painted in DC colors?

all up to you, nobody will kick down your door and arrest you if you do that.

personally i have done it as well and just using different colors works.

so instead of base black with red cross you could use base red with yellow cross or whatever.

and for sang priests i think white with red crossed would look awesome.

If it really bothers you there are crosses on some bitz just fill them with a little green stuff.

And if it really bothers your opponent, smack them on the nose with a rolled-up copy of the codex and tell them to get out more. :P

I don't use anything with the X on it for my normal troops those are all for DC only.

For certain hands (The infernal pistol) I glued on purity seals to hide the X, for other things like jet packs i used green stuff to fill it in and filed it down.

They are your models that you paid a not-so-small sum for, you can do whatever you want with them if you like them :)

But yeah, there was an article talking about how good the "action" poses of the DC are for normal marines - I mean we see people using the artificer armoured SG for normal power armor as well.

End of the day if they look like marines and are clearly not DC (I.E black and foaming at the mouth) your good to go.

Even before the current bits came out I had a Sgt with a black power fist with a red saltires to commemorate lost brethren who have fallen to the black rage. I think it looks good, and I have gotten complements on it.

can you post a pic i'd like to see for inspireation.

Archived