Source for some of the Primarchs (re)discovery info?

Nash Trickster

Hi fellow Heresy-nuts, I need your help!

I've been looking around the interwebs for the little available info about the order of the Primarchs' discoveries but unfortunately the sites/forum threads I found don't give their exact sources and I'd rather be able to check myself to sort wild speculation from logical conclusion and stated fact...

I've tried and managed to locate most of these sources myself (the full list is at the end of this post) but some are eluding me... That's where I need your help guys!

1) Can you point me to the source(s) (book and page) that states Horus was the first rediscovered? Also there is, according to some posts I read, a source pointing to the fact that 3 decades went by before the next Primarch was found, can anyone tell me where?

2) I've read numerous times in those threads that Mortarion was found before Curze, but can't find the source for that info... Anyone know where that comes from? (book and page would be perfect!)

3) I've read that Call of the Lion in Tales of Heresy pointed to the Lion being found before Russ, but failed in my skimming of the story to find this info... Anyone knows where (page) it's supposed to be?

4) In that same book, but in After Desh'ea, there is supposedly an info that suggest Guilliman was found before Angron... While I found on p.406 a line that suggests Perturabo was found before Guilliman, I failed to find anything suggesting the Ultras were reunited with their Primarch before the World Eaters were... So, is that bit of info a case of "too much speculation" from some readers or did I miss something? (And if I did miss something, on which page?)

5) Where is it stated that Magnus was present when Lorgar was found?

6) Where is it stated that Curze was taught in the "ways of the Primarch" under Fulgrim's tutelage?

Edit: removed question 7 since I found the answer(s)

Thanks in advance for any help you can bring!

======

As promised the full list of the different infos I could verify:

• Horus first (source:???)
  • Dorn 7th (source: The Lightning Tower p.6)
  • Alpharius last (source: IA Alpha Legion)
  • Dorn, Corax and Mortarion before Magnus (source: A Thousand Sons p.385-387)
  • Magnus before Fulgrim and Ferrus (source: A Thousand Sons p.96 --Not 100% proof but Magnus is said to have "watched the forging contest between the 2 Primarchs", which in Fulgrim is suggested to have happened shortly after their rediscovery)
  • Magnus, Khan and Sanguinius before Lion (source: A Thousand Sons p.322 --since Librariums already existed when Lion was found and these 3 were the advocates of their creation.)
  • Khan before Lion (source: Descent of Angels p.315 --One of the first missions given to Lion is to replace the "forces of the Great Khan" needed elsewhere.)
  • Vulkan and Perturabo before Angron (source: After Desh'ea, Tales of Heresy p378-379)
  • Perturabo "one of the first found" and before Guilliman (source: After Desh'ea, Tales of Heresy p.406)
  • Magnus before Lorgar (source:???)
  • Fulgrim before Curze (source:???)
  • Mortarion before Curze (source:???)
  • Ferrus before Fulgrim (source: Fulgrim p.127)
  • Guilliman before Angron ??? (source:???)
  • Lion before Russ (source: Call of the Lion, Tales of Heresy p.???)

Datation info:

• Lion was discovery roughly 150 years into the Great Crusade (source: Fallen Angels --dated from the 203rd year of the Great Crusade and happening roughly 50 years after Descent of Angels.)
  • Ferrus et Vulkan at least 200 years before Isstvan (source: Fulgrim p.378 -- It's the stated age of the weapon forged by Ferrus for Vulkan.)
  • All Primarchs had been found by the time of Ullanor. (sources: Legion, A Thousand Sons, etc...)
  • Roughly 30 years between Horus's discovery and the next one. (source:???)
  • Fulgrim was probably discovered roughly 160years before the Heresy since his flagship (built at least partly under his supervision) was built then. (source: Fulgrim p.29)

Can't help you with all of them, but Horus being the first found is simply something everyone knows, it's stated in so many places, it's mentioned in the first 3 books, I remember Magnus saying something about it in A Thousand Sons, if you have the Collected Visions, it's in there, it's been one of the events that pretty much hasn't changed since the first edition, Horus was first.

And about fulgrim and ferrus, Fulgrim said it was the first time he had been to those forges, since he had just been found, and Ferrus had been there a while.

Can't help you with all of them, but Horus being the first found is simply something everyone knows
I'm always doutful of "stuff everyone knows" :D "Stuff everyone knows" has been proven wrong time and time again. I know it like everyone else, but after checking the sources I have handy couldn't locate any passage where it's stated outright.

it's stated in so many places, it's mentioned in the first 3 books, I remember Magnus saying something about it in A Thousand Sons, if you have the Collected Visions, it's in there, it's been one of the events that pretty much hasn't changed since the first edition, Horus was first.
All I need is the exact book and page of one of these sources... And what I need above all is the location of the passage that says the next one was only found 30 years later.

And about fulgrim and ferrus, Fulgrim said it was the first time he had been to those forges, since he had just been found, and Ferrus had been there a while.
I know that.... I just need the page this is stated (since I don't have my copy of Fulgrim handy and won't before the end of the month at best... And I can't wait that long.)

Sanguinius found before Fulgrim?

I think it is mentioned in the same part of 'Fulgrim' that covers the contest between Fulgrim and Ferrus.

Something about Fulgrim admiring the magnificent gifts and treasures that Sanguinius had brought from Baal.

Horus mentions that he was found first in 'Horus Rising'. He talks about some of the things the Emperor taught him. This is in the same part that he talks about the astrological book given to him by his father.

Thanks Kizzdougs...

I've managed (thanks to help I received both in this thread, via MP and on other boards) to locate most of the info I was looking for...

Though, there's still two passages I really need help finding:

• the one which suggests Mortarion was found before Curze
  • and the one that suggests Lion was found before Russ...

Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Archived