Fightin' Da Waaaaaagh!

Hey lads tomorrow I shall be playing an ork player who normally has played with fun lists but has now built up a Tourney list. My only info he told me today was that there was going to be Boyz...... lots and lots o' boyz. I can expect him to take many trukks as he bought some more recently and maybe Ghazghull and those armoured Nobz. I was wondering what tips/tricks you have or use against orks?

The list that I'm bringing is going to be close enough to my tourney list :

Libby, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Rage + Lance

Assault Squad (10), Hammer, 2 Melta's

Assault Squad (10), Fist, 2 Melta's

Assault Squad (10), Fist, 2 Flamers

Sanguinary Priests (2), Jump Packs (2), Power Weapons (2)

Vanguard, Jump Packs, Sarge has Claw + SS, Fist, Claw + SS

Vanguard, Jump Packs, Sarge has Claw + SS, Fist, Claw + SS

Devastator Squad (10), 3 Missiles, Lascannon, Fist

Idea is to pop trukk(s)/battlewagon(s) with the combat squaded devs of 2 missiles + 5 Scrubs and Sarge with Lascannon + Missile for the 2+ to hit for Lazorcannon. Vanguard deepstrike and do they're thing while the RAS move up the field burning and turning things into molten slag.

Against trucks flamestorm Baal preds and vindicators can cause much pain and discomfort to ork players :ermm:

I recommend your priests save points and leave the power weapons at home since orks have a horrible 6+ save as it is.....

And I would change the double flamer squad to 1 flamer 1 melta, because you don't want to kill to many of the orks from shooting before you charge other wise you leave yourself exposed.

no you see i dont waint to tailor my list as its one i may be bringing to a tourney. Its not just built to play orks, hence the power weapons and the 2 specials instead of 1 flamer and 1 melta.

Good call!

I like to build all-comer's lists, and we had a round-robin 500pt 3-way the other day - lots of fun!

If you're facing a green tide, with trucks, remember that trukks are only Armour 10, vulnerable to bolter fire, and will fall to bits if you sneeze at them!

Ghaz+Nobz is a Monster CC unit! Need to unload your S8+, AP2, Insta-kill goodness into it (leaving Da Boyz free to pile into you :ermm: ) or run away (using jump packs means it's hard for him to get the charge, or even reach)

Watch out for his Waaagh! Fleet Nobz assaulting out of a BattleWagon will ruin someone's day! (Move 12", disembark 2", run 6", Assault 6"). Take the Wagon out FAST! Leave them walking (Ghaz is Slow'n'Purposeful, and so is any squad he is with) through a hail of Emperor's Wrath!

Your meltas won't have many targets besides the Wagon, unless he brings Dredds (which usually means lots of kans, too, and a KFF).

You can't rely on a 3+ save vs 30 slugga boyz on the charge! Even whittled down to 20, that's 80 attacks, 40 hits, 20 wounds, 6-7 dead marines! Then the Klaw hits ...

Biggest lie told about Orks: They can't shoot! Enough of them within 18" and they throw enough lead in the air to do serious damage. And can charge afterwards.

Note: I play as Orks quite a bit, but have never faced them, so its one-sided advice. I've told you what pros/cons I've seen. Hope it helps.

no you see i dont waint to tailor my list as its one i may be bringing to a tourney. Its not just built to play orks, hence the power weapons and the 2 specials instead of 1 flamer and 1 melta.

Biggest lie told about Orks: They can't shoot! Enough of them within 18" and they throw enough lead in the air to do serious damage. And can charge afterwards.

that I know, Boyz took down three Devs, but then, i did fail those saves (out of 5 wounds)

Archived