blood angels and tyranids

shan vener

hey guys, i'm wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the APOC section, but seeing as how this is fluff i thought it would go here. but my blood angels army recently reached 3010 points, which means i can now play apocalypse <_< and i feel as though i have a good excuse to begin another army, tyranids and to me having the 2 best CC armies in the game on the same table fighting together is almost cheating :angry: and i can't wait to see my first opponents face. but my question is can anyone think of a reason as to why they may be on the same battlefield and NOT killing each other, much less fighting side by side :P so can anyone give me an idea, please.

PS and before anyone says it i'll spare you trouble.

HERETIC

No.

Bugs do not have allies or enemies, they have a galactic menu. Sometimes they feel like light and healthy, so they eat Eldar. Sometimes they feel like going vegetarian, so they eat Orks. Sometimes they are looking for something crunchy on the outside and meaty on the inside, so they eat Marines. Something exotic? Dark Eldar. Something a bit past his expiration date? Plague marines. Cheesy? Psyker battle squads.(j/k)

But yeah... No. No good fluff reasons. Tho, there's nothing to stop you from doing it in Apocalypse.

This is very Starcraft, but you could say that an Imperium researcher found out a way to direct the Tyranid (not control) in a prefered direction, suggesting the Hive Mind that the Blood Angels are not good targets("they are made of lettuce, don't eat them..."). After the battle, you could say the device was destroyed...

Ran

I'm sure that Mat Ward could come up with a reason--after all he had the Blood Angels being all cuddly and friendly with the Necrons vs. 'Nids in the new codex. Maybe we can lure him to the forum and get an Inquisitor to excruciate him and make him come up with a way to make it work... :(

That being said, if you want to do a team up in Apocalypse, well... Anything goes! ;)

Sure. Tyranids are Synapse creatures and powerful psychics. Your little branch of BA-dom might have Librarians experimenting with controlling these synapse creatures through new, radical approaches to psychic powers. It's not accepted, it is very dangerous - but this is your first field test, seeing how they respond under combat situations. The hope is that psychics will one day be able to completely control hive fleets to prevent invasion and maybe even use them as weapons against the enemies of the Imperium.

("they are made of lettuce, don't eat them...").

i thought we were made of cheese :(

but good thoughts guys any more out there

If we were made of cheese every French Tryanid would be over us!

Ran

Archived