3000 point Death Company

Valkyrion

30 Death company with Jump Packs and twin thunder hammers, lead by Lemartes = 3000 points.

The most expensive unit in 40k?

Also, aside from the dearth of thunder hammers, the only 3000 point army you can buy for £130.00.

With astorath, you can have six of these units (only one lemartes mind you) for 17,470 and all for only £750 or so...and it's legal, albeit unscoring.

I designed a legal list with 1 FOC that was over 20000 counts, using 6 30 man DC units with jump packs and dual hammers, Astorath, Sanguinor, plus all the most expensive stuff I could grab (3 unist 10 Thunder hammer/Storm Shield terminators, etc.)

Incidently, the points vaule of the entire blood angels codex, using each entry only once but with all possible upgrades, including special characters, is 13698. By far the biggest codex in 40k in terms of points. By comparison the maximum size of the Necron army using the same rules is 2968.

Other 1000 point units I've come across include 10 Ork Nob bikers with all the trimmings and 10 Wolf Guard bikers with thunder hammers and storm shields.

I only came across this (I'm not honestly sad enough to add up all the codex options for every race...honest) because myself and a friend are each starting a new army, with no points limit, but you can only take each unit once. We picked two codices out of a hat at random and we could choose which one we wanted. I drew BA and Necrons...needless to say, it'll be BA.

Incidently, the points vaule of the entire blood angels codex, using each entry only once but with all possible upgrades, including special characters, is 13698. By far the biggest codex in 40k in terms of points. By comparison the maximum size of the Necron army using the same rules is 2968.

I'm pretty sure the total for other recent codexes like Tyrannids and Space Wolves should be pretty big as well, especially considering the number of upgrades you can give to your units in those 2 codexes...

dual hammers on a DC model *thinking*

:cuss why didn't i see that :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

okay now that i'm calm i thinbk i have some advice for those who may do this (i know at least one of you wil and probably me) i found that on EBAY you can buy a 5 boxes of DC for $132 (free shipping) compared to GW's $165 The savings could buy you another box :D

I'm pretty sure the total for other recent codexes like Tyrannids and Space Wolves should be pretty big as well, especially considering the number of upgrades you can give to your units in those 2 codexes...

Nowhere near. I like a challenge... :wacko:

Tyranids 6730 no special characters

SW 6953 no special characters.

The next biggest would be CSM, I would have thought, because most of their units can be 20 strong.

Maybe imperial guard with their tanks and 100 strong troop choice.

Space Wolves are limited a bit because they end up with free special weapons and no heavy weapons outside of the long fangs, which is only 6 strong and they have cheap lascannons.

what options are you giving this unit. as far as i can tell. 30 dc with jump packs and power weapons only come to 1500 points. 20 for the model and 30 for jp/pwpn combo

or are you giving each dc a pair of thunder hammers?

Nope. Thunder hammers are 1 handed (though the bit in the DC box is two handed).

Thunder hammers have the same rule as the power fist, no +1 attack unless the second weapon is the same.

Nope. Thunder hammers are 1 handed (though the bit in the DC box is two handed).

Thunder hammers have the same rule as the power fist, no +1 attack unless the second weapon is the same.

... Mental.

Mudpuppet

I'm wondering,

If you decided to field an utterly insane unit like this for a non-apoc game with normal FOC, what HQ would you use?

A librarian w/ shield & wings.

Nope..

Librarian, with Jump Pack... Shield and Unleash Rage... (lets reroll every miss every round..)

I was under the impression that BA libby's could take JPs... Don't have my codex with me so I don't know for sure. Perhaps this is an area where my brain is still stuck in PDF mode...

Archived