Sanguinary Guard Chapter Banner

RedShoes

Buy some suitable magnets and magnetize the chapter-banner-arm.

1+attack is great, and with a priest (FC & Fnp)+ Dante (hit & run) it adds up to a expensive hard hitting unit with super mobility.

though fun to play i rarely get my points worth. xP

Magnetizing the banner arm is one way to go. There should be enough arms as long as you put the magnet on the shoulders. I would recommend, however, that you put some sort of pin/hole setup on that arm/shoulder joint. Otherwise, the banner arm will keep sliding down. Something like...

(.o)

Where . = pin and o = magnet.

Just an idea.

I think the Chapter Banner is a must have for SG. One thing I would always give them. And I don't think it is better to use the banner in an HG. You want to definitly destroy the target you attack with the SG so go for the +1 attack. I don't see how this can be better for HG? It is even more true to the fluff to give the SG the banner. So go for it! :angry:

sanguinius has spoken to me and decrees that the chapter banner shall be carried by the sanguinary guard. (this needs to be spoken like invader zim :wallbash: )

but seriously it's awesome especially with some of the combos like this one which i am known for

lemartes with 1 wound + sanguinary guard banner + CHARGE = lemartes at S6, I6, A7. i jut made a mini mephiston for that turn.

Pity that combo of Lemartes plus Chapter Banner is completely impossible/illegal. He's not an IC so can't join the Sanguinary Guard if the DC were to get wiped out.

But I agree that if you have only one unit of SG in the army they should have the Chapter Banner. A +1A bonus per man for only 6 points each? Hellllz YES! :wallbash:

Pity that combo of Lemartes plus Chapter Banner is completely impossible/illegal. He's not an IC so can't join the Sanguinary Guard if the DC were to get wiped out.

But I agree that if you have only one unit of SG in the army they should have the Chapter Banner. A +1A bonus per man for only 6 points each? Hellllz YES! :wallbash:

no you misunderstand the banner has an area of effect

Yes, the Blood Angels have a great potency with all the auras they have. Just try concentrating an opening attack with SG and some VV/ASM assisted with chapter banner and sanguinary priest. Truly terrifying and devastating.. Add in chaplain or Dante for even more goodness. Biggest problem is getting to combat alive but I'm using some rhinos and razors for that task, screening my assaulty squads and providing fire support.

But I agree that if you have only one unit of SG in the army they should have the Chapter Banner. A +1A bonus per man for only 6 points each? Hellllz YES! :wacko:

Well, what you mean is the company banner (only available for HG). The chapter banner has only an effect on the unit it is with.

But I agree that if you have only one unit of SG in the army they should have the Chapter Banner. A +1A bonus per man for only 6 points each? Hellllz YES! :wacko:

Well, what you mean is the company banner. The chapter banner has only an effect on the unit it is with.

Actually it has both. It allows all units withing 12" to reroll morale and pinning tests. But the +1A power is only for models in the same unit.

Yes of course, you are right. :wacko: But as I understood it the discussion was about the +1A. So Lemartes will not get the +1A but all the other area benefits of the banner of course.

Correct.

If you want Lemartes to have +1A you need Sanguinor, not a banner.

I've built my SG without banner. I've shaved off the moulded hand and mounted the banner on the GW mound of skulls. This way I can just put it next to a SG figure if I choose the banner as an option for the unit.

Now that the banner is seperate it can also be used as a really cool objective marker.

G

I've built my SG without banner. I've shaved off the moulded hand and mounted the banner on the GW mound of skulls. This way I can just put it next to a SG figure if I choose the banner as an option for the unit.

Now that the banner is seperate it can also be used as a really cool objective marker.

G

Thats brilliant!

Mudpuppet

The Banner is a must for the SG unit, I use it to it's full potential with the Sanguinor close by.

This squad will annihilate most heavy infantry on the charge.

I never leave home without them.

:rolleyes:

Archived