What Is Your Preferred Dreadnought?

Joasht

I did a quick searchy and didn't see an exact thread like this (just a bunch of people all over the place periodically saying how they love/hate certain dreadnoughts), so I thought I'd post this here.

Which dreadnought have you guys tested, and which ones have/haven't worked for you? I feel like buying the Ironclad and Venerable kits just because I think they look pretty nice (I'm a sucker for plastic robot models), but I might as well get some use out of them as well.

The Librarian Dread looks pretty awesome if not a little costly, while the DC Dread looks good on paper, but I can imagine dice working against you, and the fact that you'd probably need some method of delivery to get them into melee (don't think walking across the battlefield is a good idea...).

Thanks!

There are 3 dreads that work for me time and time again:

1) Dual TLAC Rifleman Dread - Rhino/Kan/Chimera popping machine! My fav heavy support option

2) DC Dread w/ Talons - Quick and deadly, works awesome with my stormraven

3) Furioso w/ Frag Cannon and BF/Melta - I always run one in a pod. drops in, draws a lot of fire away from me, and usually pops something. The frag cannon makes short work of entrenched devs and longfangs!

My favorite, and most fielded, is still the Furioso dread in a drop pod. My drop pods always have great landings, so he pops out, torches with a heavy flamer and meltagun, then next turn runs up to rip apart stuff with the dual talons. Plus, AV13 on the front means those damn krak missile spamming long fangs have a tough time of taking him down, even more if he's obscured somehow. Nothing says "Awesome" quite like a talon dread tearing up squads without fear of much of anything fighting back effectively against that AV13.

Without a Doubt, I really enjoy the Furioso Dreadnought w/ Heavy Flamer + Blood Talons. Armour 13 on the front is rather painful to take care of, in many cases ignoring those that it targets, specifically if you use a drop pod with it. Plus, the rather wicked addition of Blood Talons to a Dreadnought finally has one that's capable of not being tar pitted by annoying little tar pits. (I'm looking at you Gretchin!)

I've also tried every single Dreadnought out there, as a huge fan. The Plasma Cannon Dread is hilariously fun, as it can never suffer Gets Hot! Twin Linked Auto Cannon Dreadnoughts are my second favorite, as the sheer volume of high strength shots can really give a bad day to anything armor twelve or below, and put a decent hurting on the infantry. Ironclads are fun to toss around, but I think we can all agree that the Librarian Dreadnought, even though you can't change his war-gear, is really just something interesting to behold.

I think with the current direction, dreadnoughts will continue to get more and more love, and we'll see them as a common occurrence on the battlefield, rather then a mild amusement.

I'm still playing around with dreads but I have had some good results with a basic MM dread in a drop-pod. Especially against Guard. Land behind a Russ Squadron and manage to get 2 tanks with the HF as well and you can really ruin his day.

3) Furioso w/ Frag Cannon and BF/Melta - I always run one in a pod. drops in, draws a lot of fire away from me, and usually pops something. The frag cannon makes short work of entrenched devs and longfangs!

+1 for this loadout. The furioso with frag cannon + hvy flamer does very well against MEQ's and other dug in troops. The one game I played, I drop podded the thing between two objectives. It ended up killing 8 marines in one squad, 2 marines in another squad before my opponent came around the back of it and popped it from behind. Locator beacons on the drop pod ensured that I was able to get my deep strikers in the opponents back field quickly and without incident.

My GK dred with double TL-Ass.Canns. (Yup, 4 assault cannons). Its my 'machine-gun dred' (as opposed to rifelman)... infantry slayer!!!
And you favorite "legal" dreadnought is...? B)

It's a real toss up between the Librarian Furioso (Wings of Sanguinius and Might of Heroes) and a regular Furioso with Frag Cannon, DCCW w/Melta Gun, Extra Armor and Magna Grapple. Not a heck of a lot of difference in cost (Expennnnsive) and both do a great job against infantry and vehicles.

I'm thinking that the DC Furioso will take the lead though if I have to play 1,000 games.

Well last game i played my Furioso had his legs blown off, was immobilised for a turn (rather reduntantly at that stage i must say) and couldnt shoot for a turn either but he still managed to kill a broadside 3 crises suits and a squad of fire warriors.

He is my new favourite - and i will name him Monty after the Pythons Black Knight, ill kill you all even without my arms or legs lol.

well my friend plays nids so this is mine

furioso/DC with blood talons, 2 heavy flamers (it's legal) occasionaly i'l take a frag cannon but not often

How is 2 heavy flamers legal since it's only the storm bolter you would exchange for a heavy flamer?

furioso/DC with blood talons, 2 heavy flamers (it's legal) occasionaly i'l take a frag cannon but not often

How is 2 heavy flamers legal since it's only the storm bolter you would exchange for a heavy flamer?

check the codex. i'm pretty sure it says you can replace the melta gun with a heavy flamer also.

Well our Heavy Support dread can have 2 heavy flamers, but not the Furioso.

Not to be 'that guy', but we did just do this thread twice, here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=209127

And here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=208816

Imo the DC dread is not worth it... Fleet being the only real bonus amounts to only 1-6" on the turn you assault, otherwise both dreads can run every turn; and let's be honest if your opponent allows your CC-dread to survive long enough to make multiple assaults he is either a newb or you got real lucky. Furious Charge is an utter waste on a dread, and Rage sucks - plus being a non-scoring that requires you to take another non-scoring troop first bleh. Go for Armour-13 instead.

And also "None can Stay MY WRATH!!!!" is by far the best named special rule in the game ever no questions so my vote again goes to the DC talon dred with the next contender being a Rifleman both are cheap and do what they are ment too rather well.

I am not amazed that the FT players prefer the DC dred oh and its like dreamboat fluffy for us. So yeah I run 2 unless Im going tourney gaming since seth runs with his Black Armoured Brothers in a LRC yes points But it looks damn cool so shudup *well it will once I pay for my LRC sprue so I can stop using a Plain White Lrc* But keep an eye out for it you will not regret it :lol:

Archived