Washes

Hey, everyone. I've gone and stripped the paint of my non-official marines and gone to repaint them as Blood Ravens. The instructions I've got have me using a couple of washes during the painting process.

So, how do I use washes? Is it just like using the paints? Or is there some arcane technique I need to use?

Hey, everyone. I've gone and stripped the paint of my non-official marines and gone to repaint them as Blood Ravens. The instructions I've got have me using a couple of washes during the painting process.

So, how do I use washes? Is it just like using the paints? Or is there some arcane technique I need to use?

Link: GW washes how to

I have just started painting capes on my Marines.

From mechrite red > red gore > scab red [building up the paint and covering less with each coat] and then I washed it LEVIATHAN PURPLE. Sweet.

then red gore > scab red > blood red > blazing orange.

I was getting the paint down well, but it looked a bit stripy. Boo. I then washed it BAAL RED and the whole thing became tied in just right. :HQ:

You do just paint it on.

For metal areas:

Boltgun metal > Chainmail edging and BADAB BLACK takes some of the distinct colour difference between the two and adds shadow.

The washes can vary, and you have to be a little carefull. Sometimes they are just right, and then others they seem to be a bit thick. Always advisable to water em down a bit. That was a vital rule I learned about painting. WATER DOWN STUFF! :o Makes things ALOT better hehe.

Good luck with the Ravens, and be sure to post pics of the final product!

Archived