15k vs 15k APOC game...

Chaplain Gunzhard

Yesterday was Apocalypse...

Crimson Fists, Space Wolves and Blood Angels versus Daemons, Nids and Eldar. The board was a large 'L' with 4 objectives; evil won deployment and chose the larger/outer edge. The Fists and BA deployed on the inner edge and the Wolves stayed in reserve. The forces of good stole the initiative!

The bulk of my force deployed nearest the middle objective, and the bulk of the Fists deployed nearest the left edge obj, while we both had forces on the far right obj. The table on turn 1 was mostly big bugs and Eldar as all the Daemons and Genestealers were in reserve. Dante's Death Mask curse gave Eldrad some pregame negatives.

My Baal's using their extra moves got up close and personal, 1 towards a fortified bunker - what I would have given for the Flamerstorm cannon, then we started unloading ammo. The Fists and I used focused fire to take down 2 of the Tyranofexes threatening our left obj, with nearly everything we had. My Vindicators chewed through some Eldar. Mine and the Fists jumppackers got into position around the far right obj, while my termies, cc-dreads and transports headed towards the middle obj.

The evil turn brought a lot of blood crushers on the table nearest the right obj, and the Blood thirster who misshaped and was sent to the farthest edge; but otherwise was unproductive for the side of evil. Eldar and nids put everything they had on my vindicators and failed to even stun one of them because of our first turn cammo strategem.

Next a lot of the nastier Wolves units came in and waded right into the blood crushers and eldar mess. We had a mess of shooting and assaulting for a bit... highlight for me was definitely the Furioso and DC dread walking up to the WraithLords and punching them in the face. Evil brought nearly everything in next, and the stealers really came hard for the Fists on the left obj. The Fists stood their ground but the game just turned into a blood bath at this point...

To make a long story short, amidst the chaos we emerged with all of the objectives drawn, and it came down to one final battle. Two squads of Nid Primes, 2 squads of Raveners and a big squad of gaunts versus a single Assault squad with Dante, a Reclusiarch and a nearby (within 6") SP on the far right obj. Dante's Death Mask knocked all but 3 primes down to WS-1 and then he killed an unaffected prime. The raveners and primes killed every assault marine before they could even swing their chainswords and nearly put on a wound on the chaplain but FnP (from the nearby priest) shrugged it off. Finally Dante and the chaplain held their ground against the gaunt wave and the objective was effectively contested. The nid player moved the objective earlier to fit his gaunts in and then claimed victory saying I was a 1/4 inch too far from it to contest but the reality was another draw. Game result = tied, but very fun.

Here was my list (5000points):

Dante

Librarian with JP

Librarian with termi-armour

Chaplain with JP

Chaplain with termi-armour

Chaplain

Sang. Priest - Brother Corbulo

Sang. Priest with hand flamer

Sang. Priest with JP

Sang. Priest with termi-armour

Furioso Dreadnought

Terminator Squad (6 models)

9man DC in rhino

DC dreadnought with talons and HF

9man Assault squad in rhino

9man Assault squad in rhino

10man Assault squad with JP

10man Assault squad with JP

10man Tactical with Razorback (tl-lascannon)

10man Tactical

10man Tactical

Baal Predator AC with HB sponsons

Baal Predator AC with HB sponsons

Dreadnought with Plasmacannon

Dreadnought with Plasmacannon and Missile Launcher

Devastator Squad with 2ML and 2LC

Linebreaker Squad - Apoc Formation (3 Vindicators)

Archived