BA AoD Semi-Finals and Finals

JamesI

Blood Angels Arena of Death Semi-Finals Battle 1

Captain Karlean stood his ground, watching as Captain Irabrai ran towards him. Karlean raised his stormbolter, firing off several shots. One bolt round pierced Irabrai's armor, slowing his advance enough for Karlean to leap into the air with his jump pack.

Karlean landed in front of Irabrai, slashing at him with Seraph. Irabrai tried to block Karlean's strikes with his shield and sword, but there were too many and Seraph broke through while Irabrai's own attacks were stopped by Karlean's shield.

The two fought for a short time, attacks blocked by shields or deflected by swords. Irabrai was barely able to to hold off Karlean's attacks, forced by his wounds to remain on the defensive. Unfortunately for the Blood Guard captain, he wasn't fast enough. Seraph reached past his defenses, and Irabrai fell.

Victory to Captain Karlean

Blood Angels Arena of Death Semi-Finals Battle 2

Grandmaster Zul lifted his crozius towards Imrik in salute. Then he began running towards the librarian, energy crackling around his powerfist.

Imrik raised his sword, turning crimson from his psychic energy. Zul rushed towards him, swinging his crozius. Imrik's shield pushed back the crozius, then the red sword sliced across Zul's arm then into his chest. The power of the blow dazed Zul.

Imrik plunged his sword into Zul before he could regain his senses. The Grandmaster fell.

Imrik pulled back his sword, the crimson fading back into green, then raised it in salute to the assembled Chapter Masters.

Victory to Librarian Imrik

For the winners above, you will meet in the finals.

Please get me instructions by Saturday night, so I can make sure the championship occurs before my vacation ends.

Blood Angels Arena of Death Championship Battle

Librarian Imrik and Captain Karlean entered the arena, the final competitors for the right to be the Champion of the Sons of Sanguinius. Those who had fallen previously in the competition were in attendance. Commander Dante and the Chapter Masters paid homage to those worthy to duel for the title of champion.

Each raised their shield to salute the other, then they began their duel.

Imrik began running towards Karlean, who slowly backed away from the librarian, firing his stormbolter. Several rounds deflected off the terminator armor, but one burst through the suit. Imrik slowed his run from the pain, long enough for Karlean to launch into the air with his jump pack and land before him slashing with Seraph.

Imrik parried off several attacks with the storm shield. His sword glowed red with strength, but was stopped by the defenses of Karlean's shield.

Imrik slashed with his red sword, but the attack went harmlessly past Karlean. Karlean raised Seraph, piercing the sword through Imrik's armor. The librarian fell backwards.

The assembled captains and chaptermasters rose to salute Captain Karlean, the Champion of the Sons of Sanguinius.

Victory to Captain Karlean

Well, that is a pleasant surprise. I certainly didn't expect him to do so well. I think what did it was using the name of the First capt of the Blood Angels. The First captain of the founding chapter would be expected to place, so I tried to tempt fate.

Is there a banner I fly now, or should I just put a bit of text into my sig?

Regardless,

Thanks everyone for the good fights, and glory to the Primarch.

That stormbolter is truly blessed. Wasn't it the only gun to wound in the entire event? Guess that goes to show everyone not to underestimate our shooting.

Congrats Knyx! Do your father and your brothers proud in the trials to come.

• 2 months later...

Archived