Storm Raven count as?

spiros14

While i might not get the Storm Raven as an army selection I was wondering if, with a bit of work, the Forgeworld CAESTUS ASSAULT RAM could be converted into a Srorm Raven easier than the other (most brilliant) conversions people have been making?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4000...SSAULT-RAM.html

That depends on you definition of soon. If you can wait anywhere from 3 mo to a year... than sure. And it'll probably be in the Valkyrie/LR price range rather than the insane FW price range. Even if it doesn't come out for a year, I think it's a much better deal to wait than pay 3 to 4 times the price.

Why does ForgeWorld exclude Blood Angels ? We have next to nothing in their lineup and that craft would fit our fluff IMO.

No doubt it's because the SR is so similar to it already. Yes, they play differently on the table (sort of) but they're both essentially fast skimmer transports. How many different types of those does one chapter need?

Why does ForgeWorld exclude Blood Angels ? We have next to nothing in their lineup and that craft would fit our fluff IMO.

No doubt it's because the SR is so similar to it already. Yes, they play differently on the table (sort of) but they're both essentially fast skimmer transports. How many different types of those does one chapter need?

Edit: Reliable sources on Warseer are indicating that Grey Knights will be getting a Stormraven in their first wave release when they come out. All indications seem to point to a January release date, but March has also been mentioned. Those "in the know" seem to be leaning toward the former rather than the latter though. Either way, I plan on waiting until the kit is released to decide if I like it and whether or not I want to buy a couple or scratch-build my own. If you don't mind waiting 3-6 months or so, I'd save your money for the real deal.

While i might not get the Storm Raven as an army selection I was wondering if, with a bit of work, the Forgeworld CAESTUS ASSAULT RAM could be converted into a Srorm Raven easier than the other (most brilliant) conversions people have been making?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4000...SSAULT-RAM.html

I'm sure it could, but personally I think that vehicle is butt ugly. My boys in red wouldn't be caught dead in that thing.

Forgeworld and GW have an understanding- FW doesnt make anything for any army that GW is currently developing, so that they dont overlap models or change thematic designs or introduce new rules that clash with the new codex.

Thus- No BA stuff at the moment, as GW was working on their codex the last year and a half.

Of course a rumor is a rumor until backed up otherwise, as even if the model is really in development, massive delays (like the plastic Daemon Prince) can happen, or even things like the mold breaking (e.g. the unreleased plastic Dwarf Lord kit if I recall correctly.

Forgeworld and GW have an understanding- FW doesnt make anything for any army that GW is currently developing, so that they dont overlap models or change thematic designs or introduce new rules that clash with the new codex.

Thus- No BA stuff at the moment, as GW was working on their codex the last year and a half.

Cool! Thanks for the info. :rolleyes:

Archived