Black Templar pics

Redhat88

Not sure, I've never built a Landspeeder. I like bikes ;) . Anyway, I've seen some phenomenal decorative bases that don't use the clear bits at all, instead sticking the LS to some high rising piece of terrain like a lamp post of support beam of a ruined building. Considering how tedious I find basing, I'd probably just go with the clear stand. Line it up with your other models on a gaming table: if you don't like how it looks beside the footsloggers, slap on some grass and pebbles. If you really want a challenge and have the bits, try for the decorative base.

Nice speeder, quite a nice decision to make them Templars in the Mechanicus colours, though I doubt that these would fly one. Still a good break from all the black.

I myself have a scenic base, the speeder comes very high. But I'd like to make those kinda scenic bases, I don't care (yet) really that my speeder can't hide behind cover. Perhaps when I ever go more competitive I might change opinion though.. but my first goal is to get some nominations in best painted army before winning any tournament ;D

Excellent as always! Personally, I like the look of the based stands. Its a weird glossy plastic that doesn't like paint all that much, but beyond that minor difficulty, seems worth the trouble to do. :drool:

As for your question, I tend to use the shorter pin as it allows me to hide my land speeders behind rhinos. With the longer one, they are more than 50% visible. Although, you are correct in the LOS bonus given by longer one...but it won't help you if it gets killed before you get to shoot it.

Archived