Running or standing assault marines?

Prototype

I thought I'd post this here since my question is regarding my Blood Angels. I purchased several assault marine squads and command squads, and I'm thinking of making them into jump pack-equipped assault marines and jump pack-less assault marines. Do you all reckon they would look better if all my jump pack marines used the "running" legs, while my non-jump pack assault marines used standing legs, or should I mix them? What do you all do?

This sort of a separation would really distinguish JP and JPless guys. It could work. I mixed them up just to get some diversity in the models in different squads. If you have flamers or meltas in your JP squad, give them standing legs, as if they would steady their aim for a second to punch the enemy real hard!

Hope this gave you some ideas.

Cheers,

Wagner.

Well, it is a matter of what you like most. I use for my Jump pack Marines the running legs as I would do for the ones without, because they are no tacticals and do not bolter down their enemy. They want to reach CC as soon as possible. So for me running legs are the way to go in both cases. And they look cooler for me. ;) But if you like the standing legs more take them.

Cheers

Sang

With my Assault Marines every singel one gets running legs if they have a jump pack. As someone said, their goal is to reach CC as soon as possible.

I also find that assault weapons look cool on running leg models and give opportunities for additioanl poses. It helps them stand out from their tactical on the ground legs counterparts. Furthermore I find that when Jump Pack marines are equipped with standing legs that they are quite a bit smaller than there running squad mates. They look a little out of place.

For me the jury is still out on running leg models without jump packs. The DC company looks cool with a mixture but regular assault marines can look a little small when there is a few runners about.

If my Assault Marines have jump packs, they get running legs. They just look more dynamic that way, IMHO. My rhino based Assault Marines are a mixture of the two, mainly because that's what I had at the time. They look good as well. In the end it comes down to what you like.

~fearlessgod~

Whatever looks good mate, just because they Have Jet Packs doesn't mean their running, just because they're running doesn't mean they get into combat faster ;)

I'd personally install a magnet on the back so you could switch them from JP to Footie Assault troops.

I only use AS's with JP's so I mix them evenly so it looks balanced.

The trick is to make sure the way they hold their weapons suits their stance. Make sure your special weapons are something a bit more out there, while the general squad members can be a bit more generic.

In my assault squad I have the seargant standing making a pose with his powerfist and infernus pistol, the special Weapons guy (melta) is using the kneeling legs from the devastator/command squad box and the rest use running legs. In my non-jp squad I have all on standing legs and the special weapons guy (melta again I think) on running legs.

I prefer to spread them out to give more diversity to my army.

Archived