The DIY Swapping Project 2010

Thanks Bob, I updated your DIY Chapter in Post # 53.

@captain_shrike: What kind of time frame have we given this years DIY Swapping Project? I was thinking something like this maybe (unless you already have a time line)

Assignments: 01 October 2010 - 02 October 2010

Painting Time: 03 October 2010 - 30 December 2010

Deadline for finished models: 31 December 2010

Thats cool. As there are still people joining we'll keep registration going. Sorry I havn't been around a lot to organise it a bit better, my laptop went bust and I've not had it back yet, so I'm just using my phone(its a Samsung Galaxy S)

I wanted to try and add something this year, like a vote on the best ones or something, but I think that may be unfair. I wanted to have some kind of incentive to finish your model, and not have as many people just fall away and not finish or anything. But I dunno, any suggestions?

I'll try my best to get the first post edited with all the chapters and links asap.

I have a question...

Are we supposed to then send the model over, or do we keep it for ourselves and show the other person photographs?

Pretty stupid question, but I would like to know.

Photos. You can still send the model if you want though. We start up a WIP thread in the WIP forum for people to post photos while the model is, you guessed it, WIP. Then we can exchange ideas etc. Then we will have a thread in Hall of Honout for finished models.

I think perhaps we should all be given a free Warhound Titan for participating!

Seriously though, as far as incentive goes, maybe we should have a vote of some sort on who we think best represented the Chapter they were assigned. We could sort out the highest receivers, and vote again, and so on, until we have a clear winner.

Also, your sig is a little out of date, I just noticed that.

Oh, and perhaps we should have a master list on the first post with links and everything, so that it would be easier to find the Chapter you're assigned.

Oh, and perhaps we should have a master list on the first post with links and everything, so that it would be easier to find the Chapter you're assigned.

I can't change my sig until I get to a proper PC rather than my phone.

And I've started a master list in the first post, but as I said, need to get a PC.

I can't change my sig until I get to a proper PC rather than my phone.

And I've started a master list in the first post, but as I said, need to get a PC.

I understand completely. Apologies for the misunderstanding there.

<EDIT> Got the link fixed for Slyen

Cambrius

Similar yes. The armor is blue though, I see it as grey. Dunno if thats my end or the computer's though :s

Its like a baby blue tone, or supposed to be at least. The army painter said that the closest blue to what I was looking at was the Privateer Press Cynagar Blue tone... whatever it is called.

Anyway I apologize for how un-cordinated this post is as I just woke up.

Just a few things.

1. Can those of us who were ready by the Tuesday deadline get a 'pre-order bonus' by being given our assignments ahead of the new 30th schedule?

2. Can someone put up a link to the WIP or HoH links for the last Project? I'm interested :woot:

3. Just a minor request, but could Renegades/Heretics be tied with their kind? I have absolutely no Chaos bitz, and I just couldn't settle for just doing a paintjob on a Loyalist...wouldn't be fair for my partner*.

(*Or, alternatively, we could just basically show a model as if they had stayed loyal/turned traitor)

If you search all the PCA forums for "DIY swapping project" the WIP and HOH threads will come up.

As for chaos/renegades, Ill keep their swaps with the same kind.

As soon as I get to a PC I'll sort out the first post lists.

For added flexibility, if the Chaos and Loyalist have an odd number, the Wraiths don't worship Chaos, so they can be represented by either or (you have to remove decals one way or another anyways).

(Until Captain_Shrike can get his PC working again)

We still have two weeks left to register! If you would like to participate, and haven't already registered, please sign up no later than 30 September 2010!

We have 23 participants so far:

01. Captain_Shrike : Unknown

02. Reyner : Ghost Dragons

03. Brother Anvilus : Unknown

04. Vaaish : Nesewdjet-Nedjety

05. AngryJohnny : Priory of Dorn

06. Slyen : Powder Princes?

07. Dark Link : Steel Scorpions

08. Dark Apostle Thirst : The Wraiths of Darkness

09. Brother Cambrius : Sons Of Doom

10. KhorneHunter57x : Purifiers

11. StrangeGuy : Knights of the Silver Fist

12. Solid Zaku : Solidus' Legion

13. Recon0321 : Knights of Tartosa

14. Chapter Master Ignis Domus : Iron Flames

15. Silver Phoenix : Eternal Legion -or- Iron Dragons

16. Brother Xeones : Jade Dragons

17. Khrangar : Emperor's Word

18. cheeseychaoslord : Daemonata

19. The Normish : Doom Guard

20. BOBMAKENZIE : Crimson Hunters

21. Dave the Twisted : Knights of Ultramar

22. Terminatorinhell : Crimson Guardians

23. HomerJWho : Omega Fists

Chapters in GREEN are Loyal

Chapters in RED are Traitor/Renegade

@Brother Anvilus & Silver Phoenix: you're highlighted in yellow because we still need confirmation on the Chapter/War-band you're submitting. Can you please confirm your chapter/war-band & their affiliation?

@Dark Link: Can you please confirm your submissions affiliation?

@Everyone: I've color coded the affiliations the best I could from your IA or descriptions in your submission posts. If I've made a mistake with the affiliation of your submission, please let me know so I can update this list. Thanks!

The reasons I haven't confirmed what Chapter I'll submit are 1. I'm still working on their IAs so I dont want to post a link to a no longer relevant version and 2. I thought I'd leave it open to see whether we come up with uneven numbers so I can submit either my loyalists (Eternal Legion) or my Traitors (Iron Dragons)

I notice we have got 21 (thus uneven) number of participants. If you want I can submit both and I would happily do two Chapters. In fact if I got a loyalist and a traitor I could make a sweet mini diorama, like I did last year.

The reasons I haven't confirmed what Chapter I'll submit are 1. I'm still working on their IAs so I dont want to post a link to a no longer relevant version and 2. I thought I'd leave it open to see whether we come up with uneven numbers so I can submit either my loyalists (Eternal Legion) or my Traitors (Iron Dragons)

I notice we have got 21 (thus uneven) number of participants. If you want I can submit both and I would happily do two Chapters. In fact if I got a loyalist and a traitor I could make a sweet mini diorama, like I did last year.

Fair enough, we still have 2 weeks left for registration, so let's see if we get some more submissions before having you submit another chapter. If we still have an odd number I'm sure we could do that to even it up. Just keep us all posted on the chapter you do submit so we can update accordingly.

Remember I will have one too :cuss

I don't have a name or background at the mo. Its changed since the very first time, which is the only one I was actually involved in.

Sorry Captain_Shrike, I completely forgot to add you to the list. I've update the participants list in post # 88 to include you and your yet-to-be-named Chapter.

Have we decided what type of models to create or our swapped Chapter/War-Band? Are we going to do a Troop choice, or can we build whatever we want?

I'm game... preferably painting a colour scheme that isn't predominantly black...

Mine are the Omega Fists (IF successor). IA Link Here.

My colour scheme (as you can see in the IA) is black with Yellow shoulder trim, yellow helmet, yellow fists and a yellow right kneepad.

The badge is an Omega Symbol.

No preferred weapon types, although I do normally drop the Boltgun for a Boltpistol and Chainsword.

That enough info?

Archived