The DIY Swapping Project 2010

We still have THREE daysleft to register (including today)! If you would like to participate, and haven't already registered, please sign up no later than 30 September 2010!

We're up to 29 participants so far:

01. Captain_Shrike : Unknown

02. Reyner : Ghost Dragons

03. Brother Anvilus : Unknown

04. Vaaish : Nesewdjet-Nedjety

05. AngryJohnny : Priory of Dorn

06. Slyen : Powder Princes?

07. Dark Link : Steel Scorpions

08. Dark Apostle Thirst : The Wraiths of Darkness

09. Brother Cambrius : Sons Of Doom

10. KhorneHunter57x : Purifiers

11. StrangeGuy : Knights of the Silver Fist

12. Solid Zaku : Solidus' Legion

13. Recon0321 : Knights of Tartosa

14. Chapter Master Ignis Domus : Iron Flames

15. Silver Phoenix : Eternal Legion -or- Iron Dragons

16. Brother Xeones : Jade Dragons

17. Khrangar : Emperor's Word

18. cheeseychaoslord : Daemonata

19. The Normish : Doom Guard

20. BOBMAKENZIE : Crimson Hunters

21. Dave the Twisted : Knights of Ultramar

22. Terminatorinhell : Crimson Guardians

23. HomerJWho : Omega Fists

24. Honda : Apocalypse Lords? (tentative)

25. WingsOfTheFalcon : Falcon Guard

26. 1000heathens : The Medusan Knights -or- The Ironbound

27. Tutteman : The Bladeborn

28. Heru Talon : Grab Bag of Loyalists & Traitors

29. elohimalpha : Lions of the Dawn

@Heru Talon & elohimalpha: Welcome aboard gentlemen!

@Captain_Shrike, Brother Anvilus, Dark Link & Silver Phoenix: any word on your submissions & their affiliations?

@Honda: Have you decided if you're going to join us this year?

@WingsOfTheFalcon: As far as I remember you keep the model you paint. The object of the DIY Swapping Project is to see how someone else interprets your color scheme. Of course, if you want to give your model away, no one is stopping you. :rolleyes:

Good stuff, for the record whoevers DIY I get, I'll certainly be sending the mini out to you as it won't be any use to me once it's painted and I think you'll enjoy getting a painted mini for your army in the post! :)

Aye, I'll be doing the same, if my partner's willing to trade.

Today is the LAST day to register! If you'd like to participate, please get your registration in today!

@Captain_Shrike, Brother Anvilus, Dark Link & Silver Phoenix: any word on your submissions & their affiliations?

@Honda: Have you decided if you're going to join us this year?

I'll join. My entry is my "Lords of the Abyss" a Chaos Warband. Originally known as the "Knights of the Eclipse" they were betrayed as they fought alongside another Chapter and left to die on a planet shrouded in constant darkness. After many years in isolation they managed to recover enough equipment from the dead to re-arm and repair their damaged fleet to escape and hunt down those who betrayed them. Aligning themselves with Tzeentch, the God of Change, the Knights renamed themselves to the Lords of the Abyss and vowed they would not rest until the Chapter who they trusted to fight at their side is hunted down and wiped out.

EDit: Colour scheme added

gallery_51550_5158_38408.jpg

Sorry, haven't had much free time lately due to coursework, but I'll pitch in a bit with fluff.

The Steel Scorpion have dark blue armour (Necron Abyss or similar) with silver trim. Their emblem is the same as the Red Scorpions' but in silver. They tend to use older marks of armour (such as Black Templar Crusader helmets and Corvus helmets) and have a strong liking for powerfists. They're based on desert, and their main enemy are Orks. They are a loyalist chapter using Rogal Dorn's geneseed, so if anything they're mostly like the Imperial Fists. They are experts in close-combat and short-range firefights.

Hope that helps anyone who gets mine :devil:

EDIT: I might mention that I'm not the strongest painter in the world, so I'm sorry to anyone who gets the "privilege" of me painting their Chapter :cuss

Today is our LAST day to register! If you would like to participate, and haven't already registered, please sign up TODAY!

We're up to 29 participants so far:

01. Captain_Shrike : Unknown

02. Reyner : Ghost Dragons

03. Vaaish : Nesewdjet-Nedjety

04. AngryJohnny : Priory of Dorn

05. Slyen : Powder Princes?

06. Dark Link : Steel Scorpions

07. Dark Apostle Thirst : The Wraiths of Darkness

08. Brother Cambrius : Sons Of Doom

09. KhorneHunter57x : Purifiers

10. StrangeGuy : Knights of the Silver Fist

11. Solid Zaku : Solidus' Legion

12. Recon0321 : Knights of Tartosa

13. Chapter Master Ignis Domus : Iron Flames

14. Silver Phoenix : Eternal Legion -or- Iron Dragons

15. Brother Xeones : Jade Dragons

16. Khrangar : Emperor's Word

17. cheeseychaoslord : Daemonata

18. The Normish : Doom Guard

19. BOBMAKENZIE : Crimson Hunters

20. Dave the Twisted : Knights of Ultramar

21. Terminatorinhell : Crimson Guardians

22. HomerJWho : Omega Fists

23. Honda : Apocalypse Lords? (tentative)

24. WingsOfTheFalcon : Falcon Guard

25. 1000heathens : The Medusan Knights -or- The Ironbound

26. Tutteman : The Bladeborn

27. Heru Talon : Grab Bag of Loyalists & Traitors

28. elohimalpha : Lions of the Dawn

29. Viva La Jade : Lords of the Abyss

@Viva La Jade: Welcome aboard!

@Dark Link: Thanks for the update!

@Slyen: Have you decided on an official name for your submission?

The heretics seem a bit outnumbered...

Rightly so, by the Emperor!

Well, likely thing is that most people could pull off a traitor using regular loyalist bitz, and vice-versa, so I don't really think it would be a problem.

Though I do understand your disappointment. I could finally used those Ork bitz I have laying around if I got a traitor...

So, moved into my new uni house on saturday. Finally got internet set up today. Got my new laptop charger BUT its only one half(the charger is made up of 2 leads) I don't have the AC adaptor with me. So when I next go home, I will get it.

In the meantime, I don't know if I had a name for my chapter, but there is info in the thread for the very first DIY swapping project. Call it Chapter Shrike for now. Basically they are all gold except for the inside of the shoulder pauldrons, which are black. Markings in white. Quite Romanic/Greek/spartan inspired. Emphasis on the individual(so might have more than normal amount of adornements and the such) Doesn't use much heavy armour(tanks). Is that enough info for now until I get my laptop up and running?

Also a HUGE big up to my boy Angryjohnny, who has stepped up and basically taken charge. Thanks a lot man. I will do the draw myself. And will do it after 8am tomorrow, so that the deadline is 12 midnight West coast US time. Is that cool? I will then open up a new thread in HOF and and WIP for us.

@captain_shrike: Could I please ask if it would be possible that Reyner and myself don't get assigned each others Chapter/Warband? As we paint each others marines anyway :(

(ps I'll edit my post and add my colour scheme tomorrow as I didn't get chance to get on Reyners computer)

Doea anyone mind if I submit both and do two Chapters in return? I cant decide what Chapter to submit. I really want to submit my Iron Dragons and get them som air time, but really want to paint some loyalissts as I want to challenge myself with an unusual scheme.

I'll get some info up on both once I've found out either way. Or maybe make me a choice of either Loyalists Eternal Legion or Traitor Iron Dragons.

Archived