New Scheme

LardO'Blood

I decided to make a Crimson fists successor, so my idea is these guys wear robes and their armor is halfed, left side is redish right side is bluish.

My questions are:

Whats a good undercoat color for this? Black or white?

Is it "to hard" to paint a halfed scheme?

So far the chapters name is the Crimson Swords (so i can use those DA shoulderpads i have lying around), I need a better name, preferably with "sword" in it.

If you want a lighter brighter color scheme, prime in white. If you want a darker grittier color scheme base in black. Really it depends on your painting style and techniques used. It is not hard to paint a halved or even quartered scheme, it simply takes a little more time and care. I personally would paint the red parts first as red can be a more difficult color to get good coverage with and you can crisp the divides with the blue more easily as it tends to have better coverage. As far as a name goes, Crimson Swords is fine as it throws a reference to their parent chapter of the Crimson Fists while bringing in the desired sword aspect. For a chapter banner it would be appropriate for a gauntlet fist to be holding a sword, again paying homage to the parent chapter while bringing in your own.

I think Squigbait hit it right on the head. Crimson Swords is a very good name. What color are the Robes going to be? I ask because I am wondering if you might have to many color's going on here. But, then again, the robe color could be the thing to really make it all come together nicely. I wait eagerly for pictures now ;)

Archived