Help with Plasma-Weapon needed

Hi,

I am jsut working on my Plasma-devastor-squad for my Aurora Chapter. You know the part which concerns me is the "energy cell thing" in the middle of the weapon. How do you paint them?

-isn´t it more realistic to paint this rippled-cell in a metal way

-when you have good results and experience in painting the energy cell with a colour and energy effect please let me know how to achive such an energy-effect in such a weapon

I would love to get quick respinse

Yours Marlon

I tend to paint them white and then apply a wash of some bright colour (and I mean day-glo style bright) that I put on more heavily in the middle than near the edges. If necessary, I paint more of this colour, watered down, into the recesses. Once dry, I drybrush the whole thing white.

I paint mine in a whitish blue colour. I start with Enchanted Blue, was with Asurmen Blue, then blend up from Enchanted Blue through Ice Blue to near-pure Skull White at the two edges on either side, at the top.

I read in an old White Dwarf that it's the magnetic acceleration coil to launch the plasma, so metallic seems to be appropriate. But I've seen some more recent painting guides that treat it like a plasma storage cell, so I guess it depends on what you think it would be.

Personally I think the heated metal idea sounds interesting.

I, like Lord Gunthar, use Christian's method...however the accelerators would only glow when the weapon is charged and running round with a charged Plasma Cannon is just inviting the inevietable explosion!

So the guys at my LGS say anyway :huh:

Archived