GamesDay or Adepticon 2011

amrogers3

Haven't been to a gaming convention since the early 90s. Interested in all aspects of 40K and wondering what convention would be better to attend next year, the Adepticon or Gamesday? Trying to get my wife interested so I looking to attend workshops, painting, sculpting, etc. Definitely will check out the gaming but probably wont do a lot of that this trip. Any advice?

Thanks.

I've not been to any of the US Games Days yet, so take my perspective with a pinch of salt, but Adepticon 2010 was absolutely blinding, easily one of the best weekends my fiancee and I have spent together. Good people, good location, great organisers. We both loved it, and she's only just getting into the hobby side, too. Plenty of workshops, too - day and night.

I've not been to any of the US Games Days yet, so take my perspective with a pinch of salt, but Adepticon 2010 was absolutely blinding, easily one of the best weekends my fiancee and I have spent together. Good people, good location, great organisers. We both loved it, and she's only just getting into the hobby side, too. Plenty of workshops, too - day and night.

Thanks for the info. That is pretty much the feedback I am getting. I booked the hotel and waiting to buy tickets once registration opens in October. Looking forward to what will hopefully be a great convention.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

It looks like I might be making another attempt to go to Adepticon in 2011. Would be far easier if I could arrange to split an hotel room with someone. I'm also willing to share the commute (I live in Anderson, IN but willing to go as far as Indy or Speedway, or Greenwood to meet up with someone), I drive you pay gas or vice versa, either way a good deal I think.

Please feel free to contact me here or at ebondawn19@gmail.com if you're interested in making arrangements.

Archived