Shooty Honour Guard?

Cpt. Blood Donator

Has anyone ever tried an honour guard unit with jump packs and say; a bunch of plasmas or even just storm bolters?

It does seem pretty sweet to me, with some 24" rapid fire range, and the feel no pain for plasma burns. Or just some good

olde 36" storm bolter range.

Is it just sweet on paper and in mathammer, or does it have any potential?

I have not done it with Jump Packs, But I have run Command Squads with 4 Plasma Guns and it works well.

The only Problem I see is that The Jump Packs and the Plasma Guns do not Imnteract well with ech other.

I'm just finishing the last of my 4 honour guard armed with melta guns, appearing at a tank near you soon (accompanied by Mr Dante). I've also magnetised the weapons so I can swap them over for plasma or flamer if needed.

I'm just finishing the last of my 4 honour guard armed with melta guns, appearing at a tank near you soon (accompanied by Mr Dante). I've also magnetised the weapons so I can swap them over for plasma or flamer if needed.

This is basically the same thing I've done with my Honor Guard, except it's 2 Infernus Pistols, 2 Melta Guns and I attach them to Dante for Hit and Run. It's a unit that has both Anti-Tank punch and viable in close combat. It's not cheap, but it's paid for itself everythime I've fielded the unit.

Well, a Rhino or a flamerback can be purchased for the same points as the jumppacks - you don't need to assault after your movement so the vehicle could be a superior form of delivery for these guys.

The priest goes well with the plasma, and they're comparatively cheap compared to Sternguard with combiplas.

Stormbolters? Maybe if you want the focus to be much more the anchor unit with the priest and a company banner.

Archived