Simple Way To Paint Red Armour

Ok, Paint's you will Need:

Chaos Black (under coat)

Mechrite Red

Badab Black (ink)

Blood Red

Blazing Orange

This Red ISN'T As Bright And kinda shiny like Blood Angles look.

It's More of a Red Corsairs Kind of Red.

Step 1. Layer on 'Mechrite Red' (over a 'Choas Black' Undercoat) on any armour you want red, don't worry about the little details like gaps between fingers, where armour connects or the little indents on the armour (just make sure not to use to much paint and flood the details).

Step 2. Paint these 'Gaps' that you went over with the Red (gaps between fingers and armour etc), this add's depth, shadow and generally "seperates" the armour.

Step 3. You can fix up any red that covers other area's like the joints behind the knee's or other detail that's not gunna be Red.

Step 4. Highlight the edges with Blood Red.

Step 5. Highlight the most prominent Edges with Blazing Orange (making sure u can still see the Blood Red Beneath)

Step 6. Enjoy Your Red Paint Work!

Your method is sound and will produce great results!

I would humbly suggest that you add a bunch of photos to this thread showing the individual steps, because only an experienced painter can understand an order of operations like you posted without pics...

Cheers!

Thank You, I'm having trouble getting pictures up at this Time... I know it would help alot and I don't have any great pictures of it at this time, due to the fact my camera refuses to connect to my computer (arrrrrghhh!) And The Only Pictures I do have, I'm having trouble uploading... But I'll Try see if I can get some simple ones up.

Sorry At the Moment This is the only decent picture I can upload.

All the Red Armour is painted by this method.

My Mate will try get me a card reader for my Camera, so hopefully I can add step by step pictures.

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx18/freakySturmovik/DSC00406.jpg

Archived