Road to Nationals.

Morticon

1. Stay together.

2. As meaty as the bikes are in dishing out the death, dont be too anxious to throw away the only priest - hes a key unit.

3. Watch out for deployment in objective games and deploy the TACs forward and the RAZ at the rear- i need the bodies.

4. Be patient and dont be overly aggressive.

Overall it should be good good good. Just hope I can take out those hardcore daemons.

1- I have to agree that I've seen BA work ver well when the stay together and focus on the mission at hand.

2- Have you not found that the bikes get targeted a lot? even with 3++ for boosting, it seems to me they are always a key unit to be taken out. AP 1 & 2 shots always seem to follow my bikes around...

3- This seems to work well for you :P

4- Now here I can see why you say this, and it works for you, but I've found I get into all sorts of trouble if I hang back. I've found that the more aggresive I am (with some elements in my army) the better I do. It seems that players tend to get shocked by some agrssion, and immediatly they box up which leaves me more space to move and reposition. by the time they have dealt with the agessors they are out of time to get back on track with the missions.

I have to say I'm more scared of the KP missions than the Objective missions. There my agression usually works against me a bit, but I'm confident enough I can hold my own.

Good luck Mort, see you on Saturday Morning. I see on the pre-registration there's 40 players so far and the forces breakdown are as follows:

Space Marine: 8 possibly 9

Chaos Space Marines: 5

Blood Angels: 4

Imperial Guard: 4

Eldar: 4

Orcs: 3 possibly 4

Space Wolves: 2

Dark eldar: 2

Sisters of Battle: 1

Daemons: 1

Tau: 1

Nids: 1

and 2 people who are undecided

It's you, me and Quintin as BA and 1 other dude... I'm hoping we can get the same results as at ICON, maybe just the order for the 1st 3 that we need to change... ;)

Have you considered running attack bikes in place of your standard bikers? It's less agressive, but would probably protect your priest more.

Also, unless you meant to say it was lead by a Captain (rather than a Master), that biker list is illegal.

I've been really enjoying your battle reports, thank you. :P The pics in that last report looked very atmospheric due to the lighting too!

I used mephies preferred enemy to reroll misses and make sure i didnt kill too many bikers in my turn. It worked, he tried to auto-break and run away but mephies high init meant I was safe there for another turn.

Could you explain this bit for me? Did you mean re-roll sucessful hits?

VERY nice mort, i follow all your batreps and i love youre pracs :)

First up, my bikers have a similar prob, and dont be afraid to loose your priest to where hes needed cause once a bloke spots a nice bike his attention is all over it, ive found keeping on target (play th enumbers) works best for BA of all armies and lastly id recommend fpr sure keep the TACS FORWARD - bodies absorb shots better than armour cause there cheap (despite the fluff) lol.

GOOD LUCK BA's may the wind be with you and the sun smile upon your loved ones (as long as you kick Ar$#)

:) from Oz.

I've been really enjoying your battle reports, thank you. :D The pics in that last report looked very atmospheric due to the lighting too!

I used mephies preferred enemy to reroll misses and make sure i didnt kill too many bikers in my turn. It worked, he tried to auto-break and run away but mephies high init meant I was safe there for another turn.

Could you explain this bit for me? Did you mean re-roll sucessful hits?

Yup yup.

Under the "rerolls" section of the rules being allowed "a reroll" gives us the choice to reroll any dice we choose. Since PE gives us the ability to reroll not just reroll failed hits, its good to go.

Have you considered running attack bikes in place of your standard bikers? It's less agressive, but would probably protect your priest more.

Also, unless you meant to say it was lead by a Captain (rather than a Master), that biker list is illegal.

I meant captain yeah!

And..as for attack bikes.. I could save 100 points but the bikers offer a lot of dakka and AP2 at close range- its what ive been using em for.

Theyre working at the moment.

Hey guys! Writing from johannesburg on my BB so apologies for the typos if there are any!

Level and I have spent the day putting finishing touches on our armies.

I'm very chuffed cause the small touches are looking great! Ill get an army shot up when I'm near a pc!

Level and I played against each other yesterday- twice....with a twist....

We swapped armies.

We had two great games- the first game I totally destroyed my BA with levels wolves and the second game he totally wrecked his wolves!!

A really good learning experience for sure!!

We really hope we don't have to face each other - his wolf list is terrifying.

Heya guys.

Thanks for the well wishes!!

Just gonna give you a few army snaps, and also a few snaps of my entry for the painting competition. I'll be going for best painted unit ><; largely cause we get one free entry anyway!!

This is before I did all the touch ups, ill try get another army shot sometime- since it looks a lot nicer :D

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3595/img1715i.jpg

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1739/img1714v.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5696/img1713p.jpg

aand the terms...

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9482/img1722i.jpg

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4662/img1719m.jpg

Hey guys! Update- as seems to be tradition for me I lost my first game of the tourney.

First mission was a killpoint annihilation game and I came up against a 6 kp khan biker list.

At the end of the game he had three models on the board, but I still had lost too many KPs :)

Uill post full batreps when I'm back home.

Mephy duffed a ryun roll (1) and failed to get into a crucial crucial combat frm that point he went down cheaply- but not after takin out khan!!

Huge bummer- a 3+ and the game would have been different !!!!

Oh well- lts see how the other 5 games tho!!

Ron1n seems to be doin welll and won his first game convincingly!

Hey guys! Update- as seems to be tradition for me I lost my first game of the tourney.

First mission was a killpoint annihilation game and I came up against a 6 kp khan biker list.

At the end of the game he had three models on the board, but I still had lost too many KPs ;)

Uill post full batreps when I'm back home.

Mephy duffed a ryun roll (1) and failed to get into a crucial crucial combat frm that point he went down cheaply- but not after takin out khan!!

Huge bummer- a 3+ and the game would have been different !!!!

Oh well- lts see how the other 5 games tho!!

Ron1n seems to be doin welll and won his first game convincingly!

Oh man, I know all about having a bad roll with Mr. Meph in a crucial situation. It can really make your game crumble.

Looking forward to reading your batreps! :P

Wow- fire me.

Just made the biggest tourney mistake of my life.

Playing guard, 3mins left to go before dice down and I move my contesting pred off the objective and give my opponent one objective-

Making us draw 1-1. Sooooooo gutted. Fought my ass off for that and I threw it away.

Not a good start. Will have to win every game from now to place top five

Hey guys- 3rd game over- sad to say this has been my worst tourney performance in about 4 years :D

Lost to a sisters list in a 3objective game- bleeeh!

Ron1n is on two wins and a draw so doing very well!!

Level is on 2draws and a win, and #uentin the BA player that came third at the last tourney I won is sitting with 2wins and a loss.

Archived