Painting Crimson Fists

Hey Guys,

I did a quick search on the forums for guidance on painting Crimson Fists and could not find anything. Can someone give me some tips on paint colors/mixes for Crimson Fists or possibly point me in the right direction to something that was already posted. I got a bunch of the GW conversion packs for the Crimson Fists just looking for some paining tips. If anyone has any pics also it would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

I have a slightly strange way of painting mine. I start with a black primer then paint it boltgun metal and after that dries I use asurmen blue wash. I layer it on the whole model slowly and for me it takes like 4 or 5 layers before its a very dark blue. but you can keep adding layers until its a darkness you like.

after I have the base I build up the red from scab red through blood red. Highlight the model with Ultramarine blue and the red i normally weather with more boltgun metal.

I recommend trying it out on a test model though. I like it but some of my friends are big fans of the effect.

I use black primer, Regal blue, black wash, and a thin highlight with Ultramarine blue. I use the foundation paint's red for the gauntlet. Boltgun metal on the cabling and back pack vents, and finally Mithril Silver for the Chest Eagle. Also in my army, I use red squad markings. In my tacticals, this is the standard upward tactical arrow, but I perferred red over the white. I will post some pictures of my marines and captain once I get home from work.

My Crimson Fists can be done fairly quickly and I think they look pretty good.

Prime black, basecoat midnight blue, black wash, highlight regal blue, highlight enchanted blue, boltgun metal metal parts, red gore red parts, highlight redgore with blood red, highlight blood red with fiery orange.

Here's an example

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p6/cabinetguy/40k%20stuff/Crusade%20Army/Golgotha%20Command%20Squad/CFfront.jpg

Thanks for the pic they look great!! I am curious about a couple of things regarding the Crimson Fists that maybe someone can help me out with. First, do they follow the standard codex in regards to company color on the shoulder guard trim? Secondly, i have noticed in some pics one gauntlet is red while in some both are red. Is there some background on this?

The Crimson Fists don't show squad markings on the shoulder trim usually it is shown on the left kneepad,as the company number. The gauntlets are red left hand for marines both hands for veterans and vanguard and scouts don't have either.

Hope this helps

dan_mk1 - thanks for the info that was exactly what i was looking for.

I am still assembling my miniatures but when it comes time to paint all this info is great. When using the primer i use the GW black spray and sometimes it goes on too heavy and detail is lost on the miniature. Is it my technique or do you guys use something else?

I've never used the GW black primer. For me it's just way to expensive.

I use a Krylon flat black. I hold the can about 9 inches away from the model while I spray. I also start spraying to the side of the model and then bring the spray across the model. If you just blast the model you may end up with more primer than you want. If you do the "swiping" type of spray motion and don't get enough on the model you can always go back and give it another coat. I haven't had any trouble using this technique when I prime.

Good Luck.

Archived