Poping tanks on the drop with a tallon dread?

Chairman_woo

Dreadnaughts can fire both a Magna grapple and a meltagun on the turn they arive in a drop pod right? Assuming you can and do, have you guys found it works well with a tallon dread (especially death co.)? Or do you find this frequently leave the dread in a less than favorable position to use its main weapon(s) next turn?

Appologies in advance if this is an innane question for some reason

I had this done to me yesterday. Dread with magna grapple and meltagun popped a Vindicator. Then one meltagun of mine melted the furioso, I think that's the risk here. A furioso, especially a blood talons one, is a dangerous opponent and has to be dealt with. If it pods too close, it will be eating meltaguns.

I played that combo in a tourney matey. I did win the tourney, but the talon dread with melta/magna was the constant underachiever. An excellent unit, but unfortunately, just something that takes so much firepower so quickly.

To answer your question directly, its great against vehicles, though against light targets theyre probably carrying troops (with fists/meltas) and heavy targets your less likely to need the grapple anywho.

But, its a great combo.

Archived