I hate the Ravenwing

Kebabyuchenko

...all because of the colours. The reason I love the Dark Angels is because of that beautiful green armour, but I absolutely hate the black Ravenwing look. In the past I've never had much like with Marines on bikes anyway so I'm not too concerned about losing out on them on the battlefield, but way back when I played Space Wolves (bleeeeurch - please fogive me!) my Wolf Guard Terminators were almost unstoppable. My real gripe with the Deathwing is really based on me being crap at painting models white - so my real question is - what can I use instead of Terminators to get the same destruction? Or am I just going to have to learn how to paint properly? I haven't played a game in over 10 years so I have no experience with the new rules, but I know my upcoming opponent is fielding a bunch of those knife-eared bastard Eldar. Any help or insults appreciated.

Kebabyuchenko xxx

Simplest thing to do would paint them any color you want, they are Your models after all. Otherwise make an excuse of them being a Dark Angel succesor chapter and then paint them how you want. As far as Terminators go anyways. Those really are the simplest solutions if you ask me.

Agreed. Just paint them how you want them. Green!

The Disciples of Caliban are a successor chapter that is largely green, but does have some black (upper legs, lower arms). I think Dark Angels Green with bone-colored shoulder pad would look very cool. And bone is easier to do than white, at least on small areas like a shoulder pad. :pirate:

What he said

Mine is the core a DIY Chapter the Imperial Tigers.

My “Death Wing” is mostly painted Black with White, Grey or Orange Stripes.

I would say Paint them the Green that you like.

Not to sound like a broken record..... Successor Chapter!!!!! (Also handy if you decide to field them using diffrent codex) Not that i avocate that it just is the nasty little secret not mentioned. Me i have a can of bleached bone and i cheated with it. Although i probably will strip them down the road and paint em.

If you like them green, paint them green. If someone refuses to play you because the termies and bikers are green, you should be grateful that you aren't wasting your time playing with a complete a-hole.

I have had that happen at a turny once [Way back in 2nd ed], becouse my Space Were Primer Grey, not Space Wolf Grey. The game I with the other guy was one my better ones, becouse it was for Fun.

You can as everyone stated, paint however you want. With RW - you can go for a very dark, velvety green by hghlighting the armour with greens and washing with green inks instead of pure greys...

As for DW - pre-Plains World incident they had black armour - and post their armour is "bone white" which can be interpreted amongst a wide range of colours - Dheneb stone is an excellent foundation fo rteh colou and goes on really smooth, making white suddently a lot simpler to paint ...

Yeah my first thought was.... "Them's fight'en words, Bub!"

The last thing I was expecting was for it to be a "mother may I" conversation on what color to paint YOUR models.

Now I have a hard time deciding what color to use... but not because I feel I am not allowed.

After reading all your comments, I decided to get a squad of Terminators and was going to paint them DA green, but then I saw vansan's Deathwing on here and nearly cried because of their awesomeness. So, I'm going to TRY and do them bone white, but when I get round to buying some Ravenwing, they'll be green. Cheers guys!

Kebabyuchenko xxx

AS far as Ravenwing go, back in the day, DA used to be able to field regular bikes in the DA green color scheme, so you could easily paint your bikes in the green color scheme with the regular DA winged sword chapter badge and say that they're 8th company bikers and just use the Ravenwing rules.

• 1 month later...

Cant really find anywhere to ask this but ddint want to create a whole new post.

Last night had someone shoot at my ravenwing biker who had just turbo boosted and got a 6 so rended with an assault cannon - does the 3++ save still apply?

Thanks all.

3++ always applied.

ANd as for some of teh comments above - refusal to play an army because of "colour scheme" is silly. Supremely silly. Especially when so many armies use IDENTICAL models. Rhino, Land raider, Razorback, Veterans, Sergeants, Terminators, Devestators, Commander sprue, Chaplains, Assault Squads - all these and more are identical across BT, Salamanders, Ultras, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, even the SW use most of teh same pieces. It is silly that Dark grey Space WOlves or bright pink Deathwing cannot be used in the stead of the "traditional colours" - pink is a good desert camo colour anyway - so any colour scheme can be justified. You don't HAVE to paint your models in any way in particular the only limit is your imagination...

Thanks Hemal! So I did win! He was my last troop and secured an objective!!!

Ont he colours thing, anyone who knows my army will see that my Greenwing are very dark - ive taken the libertey of exagerating their namesake. Although i havnt posted ina while my developing painted Ravenwing are highlighted over so slightly closely to them, and jsut started my deathwing who will also be a bit darker than most. I want my army to look more unified than the eavy metal version of DA so like Hemal says I go with how I feel they should look!

Archived