Left-handed power weapons

Quixus

You would have to cut and mod any lefty arm sprues out there to fit. Since the angelus bolter is missing the fingers, for the hands (with PW) all you have to do is cut at the wrist , and glue to bolter arm. SW sprue (old) has a nice double sided PW that looks nice. just mod out the wolfy skull.

Thanks for the tips.

Would it be possible to chop of the Power weapon (axe or sword) from the Assault squad box and glue it to one of the left arms holding a chainsword (after chopping that off as well)?

Doing this with the priest's right arm would probably unbalance the model, not necessarily to the point where it falls over, but in terms of composition, don't you think?

All SW power weapons are left handed - the sword and axe from the old sprue, and the longer sword from the new SW pack. DA upgrade sprue has two left-handed power swords, as well IIRC all their power maces are left-handed. If I were to swap the weapons, I'd insert a very thin pin to ensure the weapon does not snap off.

I also believe the assault squad sergeant power weapons are also left handed.

No they all are right-handed, including the power fist. In fact, assault marine sprue is the only one with the right-handed power weapons.

I was going to say, I think pretty much all power weapons are left handed aside from the ones on the Assault Squad sprue. Odd really...

I was going to say, I think pretty much all power weapons are left handed aside from the ones on the Assault Squad sprue. Odd really...

Perhaps the Space Marines are trying to thin-out left-handedness by placing all left-handed Marines in the most dangerous squads? It's not as if they reproduce anyway, but it is the principle of the thing.

Perhaps the Space Marines are trying to thin-out left-handedness by placing all left-handed Marines in the most dangerous squads? It's not as if they reproduce anyway, but it is the principle of the thing.

I'd blame Mr.G for that with his Codex Astartes, but Space wolves do the same thing ;). Aren't Astartes supposed to be ambidex?

Easiest approach:

Find a right-handed power sword you like.

Get a left-handed chainsword from assault sprue.

Chop off the chainbade part.

Glue on the powerblade part.

If you feel fancy, chop off the part of the hilt that sticks out below the hand, and glue on the part of the hilt that sticks out from the powersword hand. But it's a very minute detail.

Transferring the axe to a left chainsword arm worked like a charm. Didn't even bother to exchange the lower part of the hilt/haft. Now the axe has an eagle head for a pommel. Even without using a rod, it looks and feels quite sturdy.

Too bad I don't have a digital camera to show it off.

happy to hear your blade swap went well.. for future ref. The BT chapter upgrade has a left handed power sword, 2 of em if you buy the box, the Dark angel chapter upgrade has a power Mace, that is also left handed and it also has a Terminator sgt left handed power sword as well, but you should shave/shape down the shoulder to match to a marine in PA if that what you were doing. i don't know about the DA vet box of 5 guys, i think, the pw in that box is right handed. but i'm pretty sure that the Raven wing bike box (3 bikes) has a plastic left handed power sword as well (<on my wish list.....)

hope that helps.

Archived