Am I completely insane?

SquigBait

Greetings all! I am contemplating starting a new army project where I can exercise my sculpting skills, but I have a problem. I do not know what I should do, be it an existing chapter bringing the gothic ornamentation to a whole new level beyond where GW put it, the armor resplendid with sculpting, or if I should start my own chapter. I have various ideas that could go either way, such as ornate Aquila grieves and shoulder pads for a chapter master in Terminator class power armor. The work that Scibor has done is inspiring me to start exercising my sculpting skills and bring my modeling abilities to whole new levels, and that being said I do not want to copy his work, simply learn from the techniques used and make it my own.

So I guess here is the core question... Should I do a codex chapter and make it ornate, or do I throw all of that to the winds and make my own force? Or do I turn my back on the Emperor and go with one of the forces of Chaos? Or build an Adeptus Mechanicus force? I have so many different ideas it is not even funny... i have notebooks filled with sketches... :huh:

what about those uber supa ornate personal body guard of the BIG E himself.. as for sets.. i would say Sisters as the prime and DHGK allied as second, but run the both GK HQ and GK Elite super heavy (full GKCM+9 GKT) and (x10 GKT) as the Big's personal guard. then fill out on sisters in troops/Fast/heavy, as temple guards...but use male SM plastics in PA with all bare heads, or heads with air filters

sounds fluffy and proper to me.

but what do i know...beside being complete off my rocker.

Uh... If you want to really excersize your sculpting capabilities, I would denounce using the Chaos Space Marine models as the basis for modeling. They come with more detail then the loyalists as is, leaving you with either more work to do or less room to do your own sculpting.

If you really wanted to push yourself, I'd say go for a Chaos Space Marine army, but use Space Marine models and sculpt horrendous amounts of detail on them. Make them what the Legions likely looked like during the first Black Crusade. Dark, sinister, with armor to suit, but not many mutations quite yet. Or maybe you're into mutations. Whatever floats your boat. But Chaos definitely offers the best conversion opportunities, in my opinion. You can only sculpt an Aquila so many times before it loses its touch.

OH! Or you could do the loyalist Astral Claws! Look at that beautiful Huron model on FW and make the army based off of that.

I was actually contemplating a Khornate Blood Angels force doing up their armor plates with muscle patterning and having pretty much all of them wearing the death masks and having a deamon prince modeled as their Primarch Sanguinus, but tainted.

Archived