Rhino / Razorback Extra Armour

Hey,

I'm planning on converting a Rhino for my Sternguard and want to make it look a bit more 'elite' as well as give it some extra armour. I want to do it myself with some 1mm plasticard rather than using the forgeworld stuff. Just wondered if anyone has attempted this or has any good examples? I don't want to lose the lines of the model too much but want it to look beefier.

The added armor can be done fairly easy, it really depends on the kind of look that you are going for. If you want a more 'ancient' look, try doing overlapping bands, harkening back to the Heresy era. If you wanted something a bit more refined 'gothic', try adding an arched cut out between pillars like a stained glass window. It is fairly simple to do. To make an easy template, take a post-it note and place the sticky side just at the join between the hull and the front (or rear) exhaust cover and trace. You can then use the resulting template to make the base plates. How much detail and what kind of detail is really up to you.

Archived