Legion of the Damned

captain sox

Hey folks!

Lately I've found myself very interested in doing a squad of Legion of the Damned. The question is, do I just buy the metal models or convert plastic ones.

Here are some of my thoughts / pros/cons.

Pros:

Metal ones have all the detail, skulls, bones, etc.

Metal are Unique models

No need to buy bits

Have lots of spare Marine parts (arms, legs, etc)

Cons:

Don't like metal models

I find the metal ones a little 'over the top' - ie over done it with bones, skulls, etc.

Metal are costly

I have no cool bits

Not very patient when it comes to converting

Thoughts:

I'd like to make a good looking squad, however I find that if I don't do it soon, the urge/desire will leave... and something else will take it's place (ie.. storm raven or thunderhawk)

What say you?

I bought the GW-made metal box set the other weekend with some tournament winnings, and as soon as I got them home, had immediate buyer's remorse.

I realized how idiotically they're armed as GW models. The sergeant has both a plasma pistol AND a power weapon, making an already points-rich model doubly so. Then the special weapon Legionnaire has a flamer, which is a dubious armament choice. Anything killable with a flamer can likely put out enough fire back at your Legionnaires in a torrent to pop their 3++ save over and over. (Guardsmen).

However, they are easier to field when they're made up for you. Just be prepared to spend some dough buying up the blistered models to flesh out the weak areas in the box set loadout.

I think the foremost question is how time do you want to spend on the models. Assuming that time is no limit, I would probably say convert your own models. Converting your own can allow you to add details you like without the ones you dont, or without going overboard. So I would put my vote into converting your own.

• 2 weeks later...
I say plastic. Use the blood angel death company set. It has a lot of skulls and bone look just carve off blood drops and use normal shoulder pads just add flames. Also look at Chapterhouse studios for skull helmet heads if you want them to be a little more like the Dammed. Just suggestions.

Archived