Sanguinary-esque Paint Scheme

The Iconoclast

Alright first off, I'm a Blood Angels man, through and through. However (and may I not be struck down for my heresy) the plain old Blood Angels colour scheme strikes me as rather dull. So I'm looking to re-paint my battle-brothers in something more exciting, however I'm incapable of settling on a scheme. I want it to be unique (no existing successor chapter's colours), and perhaps be at least a little identifiable as BA affiliated. Suggestions... go!

I'm painting my DC right now, using DA vets, black armour and red robes, they look quite ok.

A kinda inverted BA color scheme looks great. Black armor on the regular guys, sergeant gets red shoulder pads. DC gets red or white armour.

Or you go all gold army!

Or you go all gold army!

That's actually what I'm planning to do--very, VERY heavy on the gold colors. I'm thinking I'll probably make the Sanguinary Guard have more red than usual, maybe red wings.

I'm certainly not going to claim that anyone's stealing my style if this inspires someone. I'd actually rather like it. :wallbash:

Oh I agree, I love the Blood Angels and their flawed nobility and all their fluff, however that damn solid red is really dull to me. I dunno, my painting skills are pretty... well pretty low, but I'm trying to better them so whatever I choose will probably me fairly simplistic.

solid red? coloured helms, knee caps and company logos etc... All red. bah. If its solid red that annoys you then how will a solid of any other colour not bore you? Plus most of the succesors arnt 'justr red'. never mind the black death co and gold sanguary gold. I actually think its one of the most diverse loyalist army colour schemes...

These are my BA color schemes:

Sanguinary Guard:

Grey Knights look

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx226/luiz_perigault/Ranwulf%20Blood%20Angels/P1000221.jpg

BA Regular:

Darker Red:

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx226/luiz_perigault/Ranwulf%20Blood%20Angels/P1000227.jpg

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx226/luiz_perigault/Ranwulf%20Blood%20Angels/P1000223.jpg

Hope it helps.

Ran

I started Blood Angels back with 2nd ed. Codex Angels of Death, and I also thought that the "just red" Blood Angels of modern times look a bit dull in comparison. The only difference I think is that the old scheme had black trims on the shoulder pads, but it really makes a difference as far as I'm concerned. So I vent for the old colour scheme.

I honestly don't like any of the color schemes of any of the chapters. when was the last Ike you saw any elite military force running around in bright red or bright blue uniforms? This thought occured to me to late I think as most of my marines are already red....but I have sense thought about all grey, some militaristic color with red trim or helemets ect...I may do a test modl to see where I get.

Ashton

I honestly don't like any of the color schemes of any of the chapters. when was the last Ike you saw any elite military force running around in bright red or bright blue uniforms? This thought occured to me to late I think as most of my marines are already red....but I have sense thought about all grey, some militaristic color with red trim or helemets ect...I may do a test modl to see where I get.

Ashton

This is the perfect quote to this:

The uniforms of the Imperial Guard are camouflaged in order to protect their wearers by hiding them from sight.

The principle is that what the enemy cannot see he cannot kill. This is not the way of the Adeptus Astartes. A Space Marine’s armour is bright with heraldry that proclaims his devotion to his Chapter and the beloved Emperor of Mankind. Our principle is that what the enemy can see, he will soon learn to fear…

+++ Chaplain Aston, 10th Company, Fire Hawks Chapter +++

a who needs cover when youve got powerarmour... ok i know games wise plasma etc but fluff wise its as tough as a tank... then again look at babdab ars were it was marines vs marines, there soe of the chapters changes their colour schemes to blend in a wee bit better...

im currently trying a new scheme of my own now, on my death company. i start black, drybrush blood red, and then do all of the skulls, flames and icons in bright high-lighted scorpion green. ( ive used the lotd models btw. ) ill post some pictures later.

Archived