Librarian colours

Cpt. Salvatore

Hello all. In next week I am going to start working on the main guy of my Army, the mighty psyker boy, the Librarian! But, I have a huge trouble to come up with good paint scheme for him! I am going to make him from Sang guard model alltogether with wings and all and sort of cloth skirt around his legs. The trouble is: I simply hate blue but Libby should be blue...And the sang guard torsos in blue look terrible! I wondered if making the skirt thing blue would suffice.

Brothers, can you help me come up with a way to make my HQ stand out?

Agree with above. I dont like the "Blue" Librarian either. Pick out the parts, the Helmet, collar, shoulder pad, the skirt your putting on, anything like that in blue should suffice. It is your army after all. As long as you can distinguish him as what he is to an opponent, all is well.

Agree with above. I dont like the "Blue" Librarian either. Pick out the parts, the Helmet, collar, shoulder pad, the skirt your putting on, anything like that in blue should suffice. It is your army after all. As long as you can distinguish him as what he is to an opponent, all is well.

Well, he'll be carrying keys, books, scrolls and psy hood:D Libby's are easiest of characters to denote:)

My librarian got blue shoulder pads, blue loin cloth and a silver helmet. Looks ok.

If you are to use the wings from sang guard, how will you paint them? Red wings on a libby would really be nice, but with an all red armour maybe it's too much?

Well maybe just hint at blue on the model. I mean like just make his right shoulder pad blue with the Libby symbol or paint 1 arm and shoulder blue.

*edit* :) ninja'd by like 10 posts.

note to self don't open a couple pages, walk away and then comment on 1 :)

I did my two jump pack librarians with the caped body from the force commander box set, I painted the armor regal blue with a red (black inside) cape and black/gold/red/yellow accents and shoulder pads (leftover shoulders from my Sang Guard). My force weapons are Ice blue with skull white shading, and I used the bald heads with the little silver implants on the back of the skull (to denote the hood). I painted the eyes ice blue as well with a small skull white dot and some shading out to show him powering up some nasty psychic attack. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, and the commander box has a lot of nice little bits you can add to make them unique.

My librarian got blue shoulder pads, blue loin cloth and a silver helmet. Looks ok.

If you are to use the wings from sang guard, how will you paint them? Red wings on a libby would really be nice, but with an all red armour maybe it's too much?

Another big Issue I am having. His honour guard will also be made from Sang guard, mixed with some DC and misc bitz, they will be all red with golden trimming and white wings...

Why is that an issue? Whatever "Bits" you pick out in gold on the honor guard, make those same bits blue on the Libby. AND, give the white wings a blue wash on both to reinforce the "Theme."

Wow, perfect idea, blue trimming of the armour! Just perfect! Thanks for that!

Also, you think that the libby should have White wings? I am in fact in favour of that as well, Blood Angels should have white wings as they are the "pure and noble".

Other than the Silver helmet, that's how I do my Libbys. Blue shoulder pad and tabbard/loin cloths.

Greetings fellow brothers. I understand your dilema i had once such problem with my psyker, but i did infact go with the blue and i have to say im happy with the end result.

Here mine if it helps u.

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz110/HighMarshalSigfried/001-11.jpg

THAT is the picture I am going for shamelessly from the very beginning, the one that decided wich bitz to use and wich colours I do not want. Your model looks awesome, except from the Blue:D Also, the colour scheme I am going to use for the Honor Guard is also stolen from you good brother, the one you used on yor captain:D

You can as well change that blue a bit adding a tone. For instance, in the Librarian I'm painting I used turquoise as my base color, so my blue has a green tone making it different.

Here is my Work in Progress:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9SC_-4QiCBs/TKupERjq-OI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/aXerTPoPIWU/s1600/Bibliotecario_02.jpg

Archived