Blood Angel Scout Sgts

Tankus Wokus

Hi Guys,

I'm doing a bit of comission work for a friend and I was just wondering if Blood Angel scout Sgts have black shoulder pads like other sgts? The picture in the codex shows the sgt with red ones so I was hoping you guys in the know might be able to help me out.

Cheers

I think it is a matter of preference. Does your friend prefer the trooper power armor pads to be red with black trim or all red? Are his power armor veteran sergeants built with black pads with red trim? If so I'd go for black pads. If all of his PA trooper and sergeant pads are completely red then just paint them red.

I had the same dilemma recently. In the end I went with the black symbol on red shoulder pads for two reasons:

1) Pg 70 of the newest codex has an illustration of a scout sgt with that configuration. That very same sgt also appears in the pdf codex, leading a squad. Pg 54 of 'How to Paint Space marines' also has a scout squad with all identical (red) shoulder pads. All seem to point in the direction I took.

2) It allows me to have 10 scouts, equip one with a power fist to be the sgt, and yet still take 4 sniper rifles and ML as a seperate unit should I want to, as any model could in fact be the sgt.

However, for completeness sake, I should point out that in the 3rd ed codex there does seem to be three sgts of scout squads with black shoulder pads as part of Robin Dews' example BA army.

Archived