New Guy Needs Help

Machawaiian

Hello all,

My name's Mac. Started 40k with SM back in 1995, then left the game for over 15 years! Popped open my old box of 20 marines and went to the nearest GW and picked up 10 Assault Marines and 3 bikes with an attack bike. I originally wanted to do a fast attack army, but after reading into some of the rules that changed over time, I saw that this may or may not be the best thing to do with so many armies out there that can counter this.

Anywho- Please send me any advise- All would be greatly appreciated. I am an Army Cadet here in Seattle, WA. Looking to enjoy my last year before deployment getting the most out of my Space Marine/ 40k experience :D

Thanks again! Hope to see you all around the site!

-Mac

SM Army Chapter: MIST (Mobile Infantry Strike Team)

Welcome on board :P

The advice is tricky... what do you want? A list you can play some friendly games around? Then I'd suggest playing some small game (500-1000 points), get the feeling of the rules and such and the ponder on what shortcommings you've found and what you would like to improve.

If you are simply looking for a tournament list, hard as a brick, just browse the army list forum.

Right now you have roughly 700 points, so maybe you could try some 750 points games and take away from there.

Archived