Combat Sqauding question

Redfinger

So the codex indicates that the force organization is 6 troops choices max. if I take 6 10man squads and combat squad them am I in violation of the force organization? I selected the 6 troops choices, but a combat squad isn't really a troop choice now is it...anyway I would love to hear your thoughts. And if you would please site page numbrs if reffering to a rule.

Ashton

No, using this special rule does not violate the organization chart. The squad is simply allowed to split into two independent mini squads. All I can reference is the Combat Squads rule in your codex since it is an army specific rule.

The combat squad rule is on pg 23. It does state that you split your squad during deployment, so the inference is that your list, and therefore your Force Organisation choices have been finalised/locked in place at that point, but there is nothing specifically to deny that they would now be two FO choices; equally there is no wording to support this hypothesis either.

Don't forget that Troops are not the only Force Org type that can combat squad; there are candidates in Elites, Fast Attack and Heavy Support. There would be chaos througout the Force Org chart if this were to count.

For example in Elites you may have a 10 man Termie Squad and a 10 man Sternguard squad. You certainly never see any discussion that revolves around 'how do I pick which of these two units to combat squad each game' type questions.

Another example of multiple units only taking up one force org slot would be chaplains and sang. priests, for which you can choose up to three units per force org slot.

Archived