What to take agaist a chaos army

Lord of Death

Abbadon....hmm may want to throw the sanguinator at him, or use dantes powerful face... and then a couple of vindicators auta kill everyhing else...or blood talons dreads,cc termies, actuallly most lists auta do well, only watch out for abbadon, he will likely beat mephy in cc...

Vehicles, and something (squad in drop pod?) to take out the Havocs early. Razorback spam would work wonders against this list. If it's an objective based misson, kill the berzerkers and plague marines first, then the best he can get is a draw (unless he tables you).

If i may through the biggest DC you can field at abbadon or the Sanginor hell do both He is a freakin beast and you know he's going in with the terms so probably go VV with SS and the Sang. how many points are you going with.

Against a list like that, I'd really recommend a godhammer landraider and as mentioned - vindis. Everything he has is weak to vindis and he really light on melta. After that I'd recommend dreads and CC termies, also already mentioned. If there is one thing to go light on, its large units of infantry.

You need the faith in the Emperor. If that doesn't help, then I hope this does.

Ranged weaponry like plasma or devastators against the burzerkers. Shoot them before they get close.

A squad of termies with range to hold off the chaos terminators, or a weapon that causes many would but are not within assault or flamer range.

An iron dreadnought to fight the plague marines. That armor will be to thick for them.

An assault marine squad or a command squad in a razorback to kill the havocs. The command squad could also have a chance against Abidon. (If used correctly the command squad could also be a threat against the chaos terminators and plague marines.)

With obliterators you need something that can survive hell and pin them down. Possibly a terminator squad, assault squad, or vanguard squad, if they could make it into cc with power weapons. Dreadnoughts, scouts, tactical squads in rhinos or drop pods could hold them if they roll lucky. The best plan is to annihilate them before they can do anything, and if you cant do that you must delay them with pinning, meat shields, or cc.

Defiler can die from a land raider, devastator squad, lucky dreadnought orbital bombing, ect. I would prefer a land raider with las cannons as a dedicated transport. From there you can mount an assault terminators squad of 5 who are assisted by a chaplain in terminator armor. 580 pts that can take down all your opponents if they're used correctly.

Abbadon....hmm may want to throw the sanguinator at him, or use dantes powerful face... and then a couple of vindicators auta kill everyhing else...or blood talons dreads,cc termies, actuallly most lists auta do well, only watch out for abbadon, he will likely beat mephy in cc...

For god sake how many times will I have to post this. Mephiston will beat abaddon in single combat he will also do it more often than the sanguinor. On average both of them will beat abaddon about 60% of the time however Meph is a little higher. Learn this rememebr this so I dont have to repeat this.... grrr ok my vice over. if you can strip a couple of wounds off abaddon before either of those two chars hit (sang and meph) although meph can do this without the charge, you can finish him off before he strikes back leaving your characters unwounded, they will both do about 2 wounds a turn to abaddon. DO not use dantes face it does very little to stop him. i wound is nothing 1 attack ws and i are all things abaddon has plenty of.

Vindis yes

preds with las autocannon yes, you want these for killing those oblits as well, blood tallon dreads wont work on abaddon he kills them forst they are too slow and oblits will take them out.

If i may through the biggest DC you can field at abbadon or the Sanginor hell do both He is a freakin beast and you know he's going in with the terms so probably go VV with SS and the Sang. how many points are you going with.

SS VV all fine but dont use DC on him. The investment you will put into them too kill abaddon wont be worth it, he will kill 4 on average before they attack and most likely wont kill him in a round even on charge with a chaplin unless you have massive ammounts of power weapons. Also abaddon can rip out 10 attacks and take out your whole damn DC squad, better to hit DC into something else the A man will hurt them too much. If you want to be an ass, take both sang and Meph, they will kill abaddon on the charge without taking any wounds, vice versa with dante meph or dant sanguinor. I would make sure Meph is your NO 1 HQ as his hood can stop things like lash if he uses that sort of thing plus he kill oblits and defilers with just so much ease.

I would also suggest stock libs leading honor guard with sword and shield or rage, shield is amazing if used correctly, screen HG vets and other squads with transports so that he cant target your troops and meph. Use shield to give them cover when you have used smoke already, his list doesnt actually contain that much fire power for a chaos list, you should be able to weather it.

HG DC Meph Sang Dante Vinds Preds Libs with assault squads near priests all these things will destroy his zerkers with no problem at all. Either find a way to melta his raider with the zerkers or bait his zerks to charge something small then charge it with any of those combat units mentioned and they shall fall apart.

Hope that helps, sry about any errors typing in a rush.

Regards

Crynn.

go after Abbadon with mephiston, but watch out for those havocs aand oblits with him.

further, take your assault squads to the fight against the havocs and/or Oblits.

Vindicators could be an option, so could Outflanking BAAL's.

meph vs abbdon...id actually favour abbadon as he has a 4+inv save, eternal warior str 8 and a huge boink of attacks unless his deamon weapon attacks him. as well as his general stats being in mephys neighbour hood...and is probably in a unit.... and dosent rely on powers....

meph vs abbdon...id actually favour abbadon as he has a 4+inv save, eternal warior str 8 and a huge boink of attacks unless his deamon weapon attacks him.

What do you mean 'unless' his daemon weapon attacks him. Whenever I've used him I have never had it not attack him. :)

meph vs abbdon...id actually favour abbadon as he has a 4+inv save, eternal warior str 8 and a huge boink of attacks unless his deamon weapon attacks him.

What do you mean 'unless' his daemon weapon attacks him. Whenever I've used him I have never had it not attack him. :)

Abaddon has a daemon weapon wich gives him and addionnal D6 attacks. The rules for such weapons is if he rolls a 1 on that D6 he cant attack and the weapon rebels agenst the weilder and he takes a wound, he hets his invul.

Best way too kill bezerkers is shoot them with AP3 or lower weapons. Once they get in CC there crazy. Oblitraters can be insta killed there only T4 so lascannon till they die. The defiler doesnt have great armour so it dies real easy. The plauge marines you have too use something to ignore there feel no paine, they will proub be in cover on an objective so i reccommend a unit with power weapons. He has blight grenades so it ignores your bonous attacks when you charge so wach out for that. Havocs will break easily enough there not fearless so a unit jumping behind them and threatning there ability too ether shoot or move outta harms way is there weakness. The termies are strange he cant have 2 heavyflamers in a small squad like that. They are proubally combi-weapons well at least one is. Last is good old Abaddon hes a beast and will kill almos anything you can throw at him. Im a chaos player myself and have seen him wals through almost anything. From what i gather take meph or the sanguinator too counter him. Be mindful that he can deepstrike and be on the other side of the board and he will eat armour and infantry with ease. Hope this helps and as always BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Abaddon has a daemon weapon wich gives him and addionnal D6 attacks. The rules for such weapons is if he rolls a 1 on that D6 he cant attack and the weapon rebels agenst the weilder and he takes a wound, he hets his invul.

Yes, I know. I'm saying that I have never had him not roll a 1.

meph vs abbdon...id actually favour abbadon as he has a 4+inv save, eternal warior str 8 and a huge boink of attacks unless his deamon weapon attacks him. as well as his general stats being in mephys neighbour hood...and is probably in a unit.... and dosent rely on powers....

You can favor whoever you like but Maths is favoring Meph. the idea is to bring along a squad with meph because in combat Meph is the same as Abaddon in terms of how he interacts with other units for attack being elected from and against him.

Regards

Crynn

both are ws 7, so barring unleash rage its 50/50 to hitwell assume meph wounds on 2s, so does abbadon. meph has one more wound, and one more initive so hes striking first. both ignore their opponents 2+save. so say meph attacks abbadon and goes first, ignoring charge bonuses for both....

mephy, 5 attacks, hits 3, rerolls geats an extra 1 so 4 hits

wounds 3, say 4 if hes gets off power

abbadon saves 2, cant be force weaponed so fights back next

abbadon,rolls attacks and gets say 4 so that makes 8, 4 hit,

rolls to wound, so 3 wound, reroll from talon, 4 wounds

mephy down to last wound...

and thats not taking into account shooting or charging rest of the squads, and sure you have deamon weapon hitting owner but if mephy dies the rest of the side with him arnt gonna look too nice splattered all over the place... also mephy dosent like perils of the warp... id still favour Abbadons side...

Archived