Name help: My New Chapter

Titan87

The Knights Seraphic (Seraphic is a form of seraphim)

Been done by a DA successor which I really need to review again. Someone will no doubt pop up explaining how you don't have to worry about other people having already used a name, but he had a draft up like last month. So it actually might be confusing.

You don't have to worry about oth- :wacko:

Ah, drat. Pre-empted. :lol:

The World Breakers (Like this one but it is really close to the Word Bearers/World Eaters, filthy traitors)

I'd assume some kind of chaos influence with a name like that, but it's not like the loyalists don't already have some prety harsh names to play with.

It depends on what you're referring to as broken, nevertheless I do agree.

The caveat lies in, as I said, what you're referring to: A broken person for example, is tragic. It's evocative because we can relate.

A broken <insert unrelatable object> just sounds.... broken. A broken clock is simply defunct.

The two sentences below:

1. My god! They've broken a hole through the time-space-continuum!

2. My God! They've ripped a hole through the time-space-continuum!

3. My God! They've caused a rupture in the time-space-continuum!

In my opinion, number one sounds the least dramatic.

The two sentences below:

1. My god! They've broken a hole through the time-space-continuum!

2. My God! They've ripped a hole through the time-space-continuum!

3. My God! They've caused a rupture in the time-space-continuum!

In my opinion, number one sounds the least dramatic.

'World Causers' isn't going to get my vote. :wacko:

Causing things is for scientists and AdMech. Breaking things is for Astartes. :lol:

That's just my take on it, of course.

Okay, I think I'm down to the two most popular names. I'm going to going with either the Purifiers or the World Breakers. Both names lend themselves to an assault based crusading chapter, and both are pretty epic. I think the decision will come down to the color scheme that goes best with the name. With The Purifiers I see a silver/white based color scheme while I am blanking on a color scheme for the World Breakers something red most likely. (somewhat overdone I know)

Also, I know I asked before, but does anyone have a good modifier for Purifiers? Something maybe to describe a them (i.e. Crimson Purifiers or Void Purifiers)?

Also, I know I asked before, but does anyone have a good modifier for Purifiers? Something maybe to describe a them (i.e. Crimson Purifiers or Void Purifiers)?

.........World? :(

I like it simply as "The Purifiers" personally. I wouldn't worry to much about making the name match the color scheme either, I'd just aim for something that looks good to you. I've come to find that the pattern set up by a lot of Canon Chapters that do this (Black Templars, White Scars, etc.) tends to stifle creativity a bit.

As for alternative names to World Breakers...well, both ends of it ring kinda weak to me, no offense intended. With "World," the World Eaters already have what could be the most awesome name applicable (they don't just "break" a world, like you do dropping a dish on a floor, they devour, consume, chew up and spit out worlds!) and it doesn't roll off the tongue too easy, either. Maybe Planet, Star, Cosmos, or Celestial (this one seems a bit too fancy). I already made my point on the word "break."

The freakin' Dictionary said: "to break is to cause to separate into pieces suddenly or violently, smash or crack"

It also said, in more detail...

Main Entry: break

Part of Speech: verb

Definition: destroy; make whole into pieces

Synonyms: annihilate, batter, burst, bust, bust up, crack, crash, crush, damage, demolish, disintegrate, divide, eradicate, finish off, fracture, fragment, make hash of, make mincemeat of, part, pull to pieces, rend, separate, sever, shatter, shiver, smash, snap, splinter, split, tear, torpedo, total, trash

So the Death Star totally broke Alderran.

Next Round of votes: it's still World Breakers, brah, none of the synonyms work as beautifully to convey the excessive force a Space Marine Chapter can inflict upon a populace of recidivists or aliens.

Planet Rapers. Just saying....

I think 'No, just no' covers my thoughts adequately.

Purifiers and World Breakers, are, frankly, sweet names for marine chapters. And with names that good, you can use any colourscheme you want. ;)

If I had to pick between the two, I'd pick Purifiers, though, after a moment's reflection. I think there's plenty of material to play with there as far as writing about them goes.

If you go world breakers, i would make the chapter have very harsh and extreme personalities. Like the Imperial Fists but maybe even more grim (if that's possible?) Maybe have them be siege breakers as well. With a liking of finding dug in enemies and crushing their defenses. Maybe have hammers be a favored weapon? Though that may clash with the imagery of the sword thru the planet. With regards to the word 'break ' i think of spirit breaking or breaking someones will to fight

If you go purifiers i think that a chapter would need a lot of chaplains or at least a focus on them. With a similar attiude to the Black Templar. Making them a black templar successor would be a good fit tho im not sure if the templar even have successors. Maybe theme them around bringing the emperor's light to the unbelievers? Lot's of anti chaos sentiment. Have them prefer flamer and melta in this case. Maybe give them strong ties to witch hunters or the sororitas as well?

and there is my 2 cents.

Well, I've decided on the World Breakers. Even with the somewhat harsh name I think that It provides a good theme for a conquering/crusading chapter along the lines of the Templars. (Besides its not like their are The Fluffy Bunny chapter of space marines bring love and hugs to the enemies of mankind)

I'll start posting my IA hopefully beginning today.

so is it cool that i use the fluffy bunny marines IA? if you're not going to i will ! " Defeat the heretic with cleansing snuggles!"

Lol, Absolutely.

By the way, I would like to thank everyone for their time and opinions. Purifiers will likely be my next chapter project. Anti-chaos Puritan Knights, wait isn't there a Grey Knights Codex coming soon...

Archived