Techmarine Question.

BlOoD_GoD

Ok, this question, will most probably be, the decider in getting me back into the 40K realm. I have had this thought of doing a pre-heresy Iron Warriors army, and i want a techmarine for a HQ choice, but the actual techmarine HQ doesnt have a full helmet, and 1, i hate painting skin and 2, i want a full helmet army. So my question is, if i buy the Techmarine+Thunderfire Cannon, what wargear whould the Techmarine in the TFC pack come with?

I think you get a pretty standard pewter techmarine with slightly different servo arms. Full servo harness though. It looks different from Full Servo Harness techmarine that is sold on its own.

BTW, the standalone FSH techmarine has a full helmet. As an alternative, the Ravenwing sprue has an excellent techmarine helmet and a great cog shoulderpad with raised trim (a'la Deathwatch, but Admech style). You could get an old-skool chestpiece with rivets and such from Forgeworld, scavenge some cables from somewhere (either guitar strings, or skull probes), convert a backpack... I made three junior techmarines that way.

Hmm, at the moment i have 3 possibilities, though thank you for some good ideas Olgerth. If i get the Thunderfire Cannon pack, the Techmarine would server as my HQ and id use the TFC in some other way, maybe objective. The Techmarine with Servitors is a bit of a waste, since i wouldnt use the servitors, and the normal techmarine could be used if i removed his original head and set in place a full helmet head.... sigh

There are THREE Techmarine models with a servo-harness:

1) With the Thunderfire cannon

2) The mail-order direct w/o a helmet

3) The Techmarine that comes in the standard box set - this one has a helmet and the one that would likely fit your needs

The only problem with the TFC techmarine is that aside from the harness and a holstered boltpistol, it doesn't come with any wargear (both arms are playing with the auspex/gun control)

So, if you wanted any (visible) wargear, you'd have to get it elsewhere.

You could try green-stuffing more bionics/a helmet onto the TM-HQ, over his eye and mouth. Its a fairly easy green-stuff conversion, as you don't have to do anything too fancy.

Archived