Spartan Helmets - Tutorial needed

Hi there.

I have (yet another) DiY army in the works. A (very cliche) Greek/Spartan-themed army.

What's bugging me, though, is that I want to model Spartan Helmets to save me a load of cash on the unique-model front. With the numerous helmets avaliable, I'd love it if someone could come up with or direct me to a quick/simple method of convering Space Marine helmets loosely based on the helmets from the film, whilst still retaining the Space Marine look about them.

Thanks in advance!

Arenis

there is the helmets from MaxMini seen in the link. Tribe of the Black Lotus - Corinthian Helmet

Micro Art Studio has some Heads with the correct style of helmet, but they are female amazon heads. You could also look at wargames factory. But there are none that are scifi enough yet look old world like the helmet from the movie.

I can say with personal experience that the MaxMini helmets and heads fit very nicely with the marine armors with a small blob of green stuff to make a neck.

Thank you for the links, guys.

But what I wanted was not to spend money on individual heads, or to add crests to helmets.

What I want is a tutorial to convert the front-plate of a Space Marine mk.7 helmet so it has a slit down the middle, a-la a Spartan Helmet, but not necesserally with a crest.

Thank you.

Arenis

The mk7 helmet is not easy to convert into a spartan helmt. The mouth grill needs to be filled up and the face cut down as it is quite wide and doesnt suit the tapered aesthetics for the spartan face type. Slits can then be carved in to form the face plate.

Alternatively, scupting the face with putty might yeild the effect you want, but it is again, not easy and quick.

The khorne berskerker helmet has something similar. Or alternatively, look at the chaos warriors line. The knights have similar face plates but the helms are smaller. The chaos marines also have some champions with similar face designs.

Archived