Hey!

Cambrian

Hey!

Just starting a marine (blood angels) army. I've already got a tyranid force but wanted something different for variety (and eventually everyone plays marines!).

I'm sure I'll be able to learn a great deal as this is spoken of as the best marine resource out there.

Welcome to the Bolter and Chainsword!

Not to fire our own boltgun, but yes, we are the best resource out there! We have a Blood Angles sub-forum here, for all you vampire sons of Sanguinius to frolic in.

It will certainly be a change from Tyranids, as Marine armies generally have more character, more fluff than Tyranid armies (I imagine, I don't have one). I look forward to seeing what sort of Blood Angels army you build.

Don't forget to read the rules either, and if you have nay questions, feel free to ask me or anyone else.

You're right about the nids... They have some history and good fluff(especially from the previous dexes) but army wise character is just about limited to colour scheme... I still love my nids but I'm amazed by the fluff behind the marines.

As far as a BA force I'm looking to (at first at least) make up a DoA style list.

Welcome! I play both Marines and Tyranids too - the former for the fluff and the latter because I'm a biologist (and was thus severely disappointed with the new codex and how it removed all of the neat customisation options that made the 'Nids a biology-themed army). Just FYI, for an interesting take on how to make Tyranid fluff more interesting than "Go here, eat this, repeat", you may enjoy reading bits of Forgeworld's Anphelion Project if you haven't already.

Good luck with the new army!

Archived