Using floor cleaner in washes?

Hello,

just to add to this topic. I live in america, and it is a little more difficult to find "johnsons floor polish". A good equivalent is "pledge acrylic floor polish". When mixed with inks or thinned paints, it is a great gloss medium. for example, I often use it mixed with some scorched brown/ brown ink mixture, around tank parts such as gas access points, bearings, and axels. it is also a great substitute for tamiya's gloss medium, when mixed with blood red for a fresh/wet blood appearance on weapons, battle damage ect.

the best part is that it is cheap (around 5 US dollars a bottle) and will last you a long time.

Another application is for a "fixing" wash in between painting stages, before you wash with regular inks and apply transfers, as a gloss surface will allow far better control of using washes, and transfers blend much cleaner. I apply this technique with an airbrush. I DO NOT recommend doing this with a brush it will make your model look like it has been coated in glass.

Hope i helped you out a bit.

-Kataklysm

In both California and North Carolina I've found Future Floor Wax.

They normally carry it in Walmart in the home section. By the way this is what you should be looking for...http://www.floorcareproducts.com/i/prod_future.jpg

Future floor wax and the pledge stuff for us UK'ers :) You can also get the same result by watering down the wash/paint with a mixture of water and washing up liquid. You only need one or two drops of washing up liquid to about 50mls of water. It lowers the surface tension of the wash allowing it to spread across the painted surface. By doing this, you can paint on a continuous layer without it pooling.

Archived