Rhino to Vindicator Conversion

fuzbuckle

How hard is it to convert an already built Rhino to a Vindicator using a Vindicator upgrade sprue. I can get two upgrade sprues from the war store for about the same price as one vindi and I have two built Rhinos sitting around that I don't use. However, I have never built a Vindicator model and didn't know how hard it would be to build/convert with a fully constructed rhino chassis. Can anyone lend any insight?

The dozer blade is easy, the "roof" is different, but ... pssssss

The problem is the battle cannon: I don't know how well it will fit into a built rhino, if you want to keep it mobile.

Mine I've bought second hand built so... can't help you in that one :lol:

Having just built a vindicator well not too hard :huh: The doors on top of your rhino are they glued on? If not good, if soo not too much of a problem. If your back door is not glued down then it will be easier to remove the top doors/hatch, to allow the vindicator roof to sit on properly. The cannon area will be the major problem as i dont think it can or would sit well over the front of the rhino. I'd advise to use a craft knife(with care) to cut the front hull bit( the window wiper/front view port) section. Or buy the upgrade sprues, and just leave the rhino as they are and blue tack on the vindicator roof and cannon/shield for games where you want it to be a vindicator.

Hope to have helped.

@Fuzbuckle: In addition to removing the front hull piece and the top hatch doors from the Rhino, you'll need to remove the side doors also. The extra armor piece that fits on the sides of the hull won't fit properly with the doors still intact. For the front hull piece you'll need to be able to completely remove the Rhino part in order for the Vindicator part to fit correctly. The top hatch door and the side doors should be a little more forgiving.

Archived